Government Contract Specialist
Konica Minolta Business Solutions USA, Inc. is currently seeking a Government Contract Specialist. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for managing State and Local contracts from cradle to the grave. This position will report to the Director of Government Contracts
Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in discussions with internal and external stakeholders to obtain full understanding of contract requirements
- Interface with cross-functional departments, including but not limited to: legal, credit, finance, service, direct sales, product marketing, risk management and contract administration
- Recommend solutions in accordance with standard operational guidelines during the contract review and approval process
- Identify areas of business risk and escalate elements that deviate from established business strategies and policies
- Ensure receipt of approval documentation from cross-functional stakeholders for all exceptions to standard terms and conditions, in support of JSOX compliance
- Engage corporate legal department in review and approval of contract terms and conditions
- Ensure document content integrity and version control is maintained throughout the contract negotiation, approval and execution process
- Assist direct sales in the creation of amendments for existing agreements as needed
- Prepare contract documents for execution and delivery to appropriate parties
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Keep contracts up to date with most current products and solutions
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business or related field and/or equivalent combination of education/work experience
- Self- motivated with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, sense of urgency and follow-through skills
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of complex problem solving and problem resolution required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a faced paced, high-pressure and results-oriented environment.
- Applies practical and creative solutions using business sense to get around obstacles with speed and accuracy.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience, preferably in contract proposal, legal and / or leasing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.