Government Contract Business Analyst
This position is for an experienced Government Compliance Business Analyst. The position will work with the Director Government Accounting to ensure compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Agency specific Supplemental Acquisition Regulations, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) requirements, and internal EBSI policies and procedures.
- Support the preparation and submission of the annual provisional indirect rate package and monthly monitoring.
- Support the preparation and submission of the annual Incurred Cost Submission
- Support the maintenance of Dassian ICR system
- Support the analysis and disclosure of changes to the cost accounting structure
- Support HHS, BARDA and DCAA other government agency audits
- Perform compliance reviews to ensure compliance with CAS, FAR and DCAA requirements
- Prepare and maintain EBSI policies and procedures for forward Pricing, Incurred cost submission and Unallowable Cost.
- Perform all administrative tasks necessary to provide proper documentation for internal approvals as well as for SOX compliance.
- Interact with various groups within the organization on a regular basis for matters related to government pricing calculations
- Support month-end and year-end requirements as needed.
- Liaison with DFAS and other Government Audits
- Maintain activity types and Dassian ICR system
- Upload adjustments as needed to the system
- Maintain disclosure statement changes and assist in the preparation of cost accounting impact studies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or other applicable business discipline.
- 3-5 years accounting experience in government contracting
- familiarity with CAS, FAR, DCAA audit requirements
- Understanding indirect rates and CAS Disclosure Statements
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage details
- Analytical thinker
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – excel and access
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Ability to be work collaborative across the organization and within the team
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.