Government Affairs Specialist
The Government Affairs Specialist position supports the efforts of public affairs and government affairs in the region. This role helps to design plans for government outreach regarding policy issues impacting the company. It coordinates actions through strategic partners in government and industry, communicating corporate positions and objectives. Projects may include implementation of public policy activities and identifying new opportunities favorably advancing the company’s influence with government policymakers and through community relations.
This role contributes to and supports awareness, communications, advocacy and other initiatives to enhance and protect the company’s brand, reputation and position within the industry. Creates communication strategies to proactively respond to federal, state, local and other public policy agencies.
- Provides Public Affairs and Government Affairs support for a geographic area.
- Provides input and assists with the creation of communications material for public policy and advocacy efforts.
- Interacts with subject matter experts to gather content for publication.
- Plans and ensures company and management participation in external and, when required, internal events.
- Supports grass-roots communication efforts to advance the company’s interests.
- Assists with legislative and policy research.
- Works with Government Affairs colleagues to support government, industry, and other engagement plans and policy agenda development.
- Assists in drafting memos, legislative summaries and briefings for internal stakeholders and/or external agencies and partners.
- Cultivates and maintains a network of external contacts, including both public and private.
- Supports the team in the definition, development and execution of influencing and lobbying efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e., Political Science, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, Communications, etc.) and 2 years’ experience in a related field (i.e., Public Relations, Communications, Government Affairs). The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and up to 2 years’ experience; or 6 years’ experience in a related field.
- Requires strong knowledge of MS Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, time management, organization and collaboration skills to work effectively throughout the organization and the community.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Political Science, Marketing, Business Public Relations, Communications, etc.)
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO).
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.