Global Sustainability Leader
We are seeking a Global Sustainability Leader T&E. The role of the Sustainability Leader will be to drive the below transformation initiatives through completion. This role will have critical impact on the short- and long-term Sustainability and Circular Economy roadmap of the T&E organization.
A successful candidate will need to influence change in and outside of the R&D organization. This role is counted on demonstrating one’s transformational leadership to lead sustainability efforts for T&E working with local and global counterparts to align objectives and identify synergies to meet T&E’s ambition on sustainability for decarbonization and circular economy business. Ensure initiatives meet goals for customer satisfaction & quality, time to market opportunities and business development via creating meaningful impact on decarbonization on climate, resources and brand of Schneider Electric products and solutions.
What will you do?
- Direct the sustainable strategy for T&E Line of Business
- Create and execute strategic plan for reduction and avoidance of carbon emissions across workstreams, leagues, and chapters
- Drive Offer & performance innovation by collaborating closely with chief architects and Global Supply Chain organizations to identify, pilot and scale offers aligned with Schneider’s sustainability and circular economy ambitions.
- Work with marketing leaders and product owners to develop decarbonization strategies for individual offers and integrate them into consolidated Sustainability strategy.
- Establish clear priorities on current and new offers for carbon footprint reductions.
- ON short term, create baseline of carbon emissions footprint on each offer working and co ordinating with league leaders and the product owners.
- On midterm, think strategically to identify novel solutions to Schneider’s sustainability challenges at the T&E and bring tactical flexibility to get those proof of concept to the market.
- Assess and refine the current sustainability strategy & priorities and develop key goals/metrics for T&E including integrating into overall Global Energy Management Sustainability strategy
- Watch market and competitive analysis from a Sustainability view
- Establish performance indicators and socialize them as common goals. (Green revenue targets, Green packaging conversion targets, green material conversion targets etc.)
- Provide leadership and management oversight for Schneider’s Sustainability commitments across Green Packaging, Green Materials & Green Value Propositions.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, environmental engineering, marketing, or business management; MBA preferred
- Experience in driving sustainability programs and/ or products that provide environmental, social and economic benefits throughout their whole life cycle
- 8+ years’ experience leading offer development and/or business development
- Ability to drive transformation across internal stakeholders as well as the market
- Strong writing and presentation skills including value proposition
- Proven track record of developing innovative and disruptive programs
- High degree of initiative and pro-active management
- Able to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team
- Must work collaborative to reach consensus, especially when faced with multiple stakeholders
Who will you report to?
T&E Vice President of Global R&D