Global Sustainability Analyst
Oak Park, MI
WELCOME TO SHERWIN WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Manage the development of sustainability marketing, labeling, and communication programs for the timely delivery of internal and external customer needs.
Support the following sustainability functions, programs, and eco-labels.
- Assist creation of product declarations/certifications to support global sales efforts for programs such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Conduct Life Cycle Assessments to determine environmental footprint and carbon footprints for relevant coating products.
- Enhance sustainability sharepoint/intranet website and document repositories.
- Support with data collection and management of various Sustainability Reporting Requirements such as Carbon Disclosure Project, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, and the Global Reporting Initiative.
- Assist in development, maintenance, and dissemination of internal sustainability and product stewardship tools.
- Support the administration of customer sustainability surveys and other external requests as appropriate.
- Work with businesses to develop marketing strategies specific for their customer base that leverage the above tools/programs
- Receive, track and fulfill requests for the above programs and archive the requests appropriately
- Complete analyses in accordance with established processes and publish results
- Work with IT and internal experts to develop processes and tools to streamline assessments
- Monitor new sustainability standard and customer requirements and modify company processes as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5 years’ experience in sustainability specifically in the chemical, industrial or consumer products industry
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with a concentration in environmental science/policy, business, science or related field
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of professional experience in sustainability or related field
- 2 years of professional experience in sustainability
- 2 years of professional experience in life cycle assessment and/or carbon accounting
- Professional experience supporting and leading projects
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Professional experience in life cycle assessment and/or carbon accounting
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.