Global Marketing Communication Specialist
Join our global team at this exciting moment of continuous transformation. We are changing how we communicate with customers, bringing attention to sustainability, which is at the heart of Solvay’s strategy. We are looking for an energetic, early-career professional with strong digital and project management skills, who has a passion for writing and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. This person will support strategic marketing communications initiatives that advance Solvay’s solutions for more sustainable agriculture, green energy and air purification, among other topics.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will be part of a multinational team responsible for a multimillion dollar product portfolio. You will be responsible for supporting the execution of global marketing communications programs aligned with our digital roadmap and GROW strategy across Solvay’s businesses.
During a typical week as the Communication Specialist, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects autonomously
- Work with our business teams to design, implement and measure the effectiveness of communication campaigns focused on our products and solutions by leveraging both offline and digital channels
- Work with our internal experts and agency partners to ensure digital campaigns are configured correctly to support lead tracking
- Support brand development projects, from ideation to implementation
- Plan events, from the goal-setting phase through execution and ROI analysis
- Oversee production of web copy and other forms of content (such as advertising for trade media, social media, landing pages, illustrations, infographics, motion graphics, videos) for our Solvay.com pages, campaigns and events
- Develop campaign performance reports. This person will work with our agency partners to translate information into insights, and insights into actionable optimizations in order to continuously improve our campaigns and overall effectiveness.
- Monitor trends regarding new technologies and applications related to our markets
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, communication and digital marketing
- At least 2 years of experience in communication, digital marketing or related fields, ideally within an international environnement, with multiple actors on complex topics
- Experience planning events (physical, digital and hybrid) is preferred but not essential
- Experience planning digital campaigns (especially LinkedIn, Google Ads) is strongly preferable
- Experience working with external vendors and agency partners is preferable
Skills and behavioral competencies
- Mandatory: English mother tongue or bilingual (oral and written)
- Strong business writing skills
- Curiosity to learn - must be eager to acquire a good understanding of digital communication and lead acquisition
- Ability to work directly with business stakeholders with minimal supervision ; Proactive contributor capable of self-managing projects from ideation through execution
- Able to navigate a large, complex organization and influence the right decision makers to achieve desired outcomes ; To build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization, including with senior executives
- Has a vision for how to craft compelling content and adapt it to different mediums
- Basic data analysis skills - understands communication KPIs (e.g., impressions, CTR, on-page analytics) and business KPIs (e.g., leads generated, opportunities won)
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Enthusiast team player who thrives on collaboration with communication peers
- The ideal candidate will begin as soon as possible.
- Core hours are based on country norms. However, this person must be willing to work flexible hours when needed to accommodate deadlines and meetings with colleagues in Europe and Asia.
- In line with Solvay’s “work from anywhere” policy, the role will offer the option to work both on-site and from home, subject to manager approval.
- Required travel will vary, but could range from 10-15%, both domestically and internationally, based on business needs and public health conditions.
- Location(s): Houston (Texas, US) / Reinhberg (Germnay) / Singapore / Map Ta Phut (Thailand) / Bangkok (Thailand), Torrelavega (Spain), Green River (Wyoming, US) / Rosignano (Italy)
- Travel: 10-15%
- Hybrid working
Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.