Global Head of Social
As Canva’s Global Head of Social, you’ll lead a rapidly growing team tasked with bringing our global social media strategies to life with local flair and in a way that reinforces our brand and values, and showcases the stories of our community and team. You’ll be an integral part of the marketing leadership team, working closely with peers across brand marketing, creative, PR & Comms, growth marketing, and more, to drive awareness, adoption and affinity across our 65+ million users.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker and storyteller who can build world-class programs with global and tailored regional impact; as well as translate our company-wide go-to-market initiatives into actionable social media marketing plans across our core audiences of B2B, Consumer, and Education.
- You’ll live and breathe social and cultural trends and be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to social platforms, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, brands, tools and social insights.
- You have an analytical mindset and the ability to empathize with our customers and vast communities.
- You have excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- You’ll be a motivated self-starter with the ability to drive stakeholder collaboration and be a key contributor to Canva’s global mission to empower the world to design and do the most good possible.
- You’ll be a creative and strategic storyteller with experience executing across all social media platforms. You’ll be a risk-taker, embrace experimenting with new ideas, thrive in ambiguity and love big challenges.
- Most importantly you will be a strong leader and empower a team of social media specialists to do the best work of their lives at Canva. You’ll be responsible for leading, nurturing and building the social media team around the world.
What you'll do
- Build and scale our global social media strategy to drive awareness and affinity for the Canva brand.
- Work cross functionally with other marketing teams within Canva to deliver a clear voice across all marketing channels.
- Understand and analyse community, cultural, entertainment and market trends to inform strategic and creative content development and deliver best in class content.
- Establish scalable operations and processes, to allow Canva to scale and distribute our social media strategy globally.
- Manage external agencies and publishing partners in international markets.
- Build and coach a team of social media managers with a focus on empowering them to grow and develop their skills.
- Understand Canva’s brand and bring new and innovative ways to bring that to life on our social media channels.
Who you'll be
- 8-10+ years of experience managing and scaling social media globally. Past work with a global brand is a must.
- A passion for building engaged and inclusive social communities.
- Working knowledge of building inspiring, impactful and scalable social media content, campaigns and channels.
- Past experience working across both B2B and B2C plans
- A strategic thinker who can deliver from plan through to execution.
- Strong at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects.
- Ability to manage and build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- A love for data and the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery.
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the world's fastest-growing companies
- Flexible working hours (we value work-life balance!)
- Professional education allowance
- Generous leave policies (sick days, holiday leave, parental leave, volunteer days)
- 401(k) Program
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate candidates
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future
- Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.