Global Head of Retail
SnowflakeSan Mateo, CA7 days ago
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Companies are ready for the next evolution in leveraging data to boost business performance. Analytics/ AI/ Machine Learning is not a new phenomenon, but so far few companies have truly internalized and fully taken advantage of what it means to be data-driven.
Snowflake has a unique opportunity, with the technology, people and processes, to help our customers to become truly data-driven, enabled by the Data Cloud. The adoption of the Data Cloud will be industry-specific and Snowflake tailors our approach to different industry needs.
To support our customers on their data journey, Snowflake is continuing to add talent and build out our team of industry experts able to evolve our industry strategy, drive industry-relevant features of our product, work with top priority customer business executives and collaborate across Snowflake to accelerate performance.
IN THE GLOBAL HEAD OF RETAIL & CPG INDUSTRY ROLE YOU WILL:
- Thrive at the intersection of business and technology. This includes a thorough understanding of how Snowflake’s Data Cloud provides customer business value, as well as a deep understanding of Snowflake’s Data Cloud workloads and product roadmap
- Develop and guide execution of the industry strategy for the Retail & CPG industry
- Prioritize Retail & CPG use cases and launch industry solutions to solve top priority business problems
- Secure inclusion of industry-relevant features in our Data Cloud platform
- Accelerate data network effects by working tightly with customers and partners on sharing of data within companies and across companies aligned to industry priorities
- Develop industry thought leadership on the business impact of the Data Cloud in the Retail & CPG industry
- Deliver industry-leading perspectives at Industry events to create understanding of and excitement for the tangible benefits of the Data Cloud among business executives
- Scale through win-win arrangements with priority GSIs targeting the Retail & CPG industry
- Work in tight cross-functional collaboration with Snowflake Product/ Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Partner Alliances to execute the industry strategy
THE GLOBAL HEAD OF RETAIL & CPG INDUSTRY AT SNOWFLAKE IS EXPECTED TO:
- Demonstrate Industry Depth. This includes deep Retail & CPG industry insights and prior Executive level experience of relevance to industry, ideally coupled with experience as a partner/ MD-level strategy consultant
- Demonstrate Customer Depth with a proven track record of building trust-based relationships with customer CxO-level business executives. Broad understanding of customer trends, likely customer pain points, and ability to anticipate future needs
- Utilize Product Depth. Including a passion for and track record of understanding Data/ Analytics/ ML technologies. Ability to quickly build a deep understanding of Snowflake Data Cloud and how to create customer business value tailored to the Retail & CPG industry. Experience from being a Snowflake customer is an advantage
- Leverage experience from a senior leadership position at a relevant company coupled with the demonstrated ability to build followership based on trust vs. authority.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills combined with the ability to motivate teams to achieve joint goals
- Demonstrate proven track record of building trust-based relationships with senior customer business executives
- Display results-oriented mindset (combining Fast and Thorough)
- Master a crisp communication style with an ability to explain how Snowflake creates differentiated value to customers and partners in the Retail & CPG industry
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.