Global Head of Operations Communications
Wayfair is seeking an accomplished communications leader with creative problem-solving skills to join its Global Corporate Communications team as the Global Head of Operations Communications. The role will provide holistic communications support to the Chief Operating Officer and their scope across the organization which includes customer service and global supply chain. This is a high visibility role, working closely with Wayfair’s leadership team to craft impactful communications strategies that will enable Wayfair’s hypergrowth and innovation.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, excel in quantitative and qualitative analysis, and comfortably tackle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment. Strong candidates will have experience with internal, external and executive communications and a strong track record of managing communications strategy for both corporate and field workforces. The role will report to the Head of Global Communications.
Drive strategy and execution of C-level organization-wide communications efforts to support the company’s ambitious business goals.
- Develop communications strategy to ensure that all stakeholders are informed and inspired by priorities and achievements
- Work with media and serve as company spokesperson on relevant issues
- Synthesize complex information and data to develop clear and compelling content that resonates with key audiences
- Serve as subject matter expert and thought partner to senior leaders on a wide range of communications needs
- Partner closely with other members of Global Corporate Communications team to ensure we have alignment and cohesion across the organization
- Draft, review, and edit communications and content for the C-level leader
- Manage logistics and develop engaging content for all-hands meeting
- Regularly track and report on success measures and key performance indicators
What You’ll Need
- Superb writing skills with the ability to articulate in the employee voice by distilling complex ideas into simple and compelling communications
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience (employee communications, corporate communications, public relations, brand management, etc.)
- Demonstrated mastery of end-to-end content creation
- Executive presence and comfort working with C-level leaders
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize and execute efficiently when priorities shift
- Energized by working cross-functionally and building strong partnerships
- Self-starter focused on delivering results - never satisfied with the status quo
- Grasps new information, recognizes own strengths and weaknesses, pursues self-development, and seeks feedback