Global Head of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
TripadvisorNeedham, MAa month ago
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We seek an ambitious, thoughtful and creative Global Head of Equity, Diversity + Inclusion (ED+I) who will help advance our ED+I strategy, and progress and champion a truly diverse and inclusive culture, team and strategy. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer in partnership with the CEO and Executive team, the Global Head of ED+I will work closely with the ED+I team, as well as the broader People Operations and Executive Teams to advance Tripadvisor’s global ED+I strategic objectives, programs and initiatives. This is an important leadership role and this individual will build key stakeholder relationships across the executive team and broadly throughout the organization. This person will work in a supportive, highly matrixed environment requiring an ability to influence and partner, with or without direct reporting authority.
The Global Head, ED+I will be a forward-thinking and dynamic professional, with the ability to manage multiple objectives, make informed decisions, lead and develop teams, influence at all levels of the organization and deliver achievable and measurable results in support of our ED+I objectives. The ideal candidate will not only be passionate about delivering meaningful solutions, but also develop rigorous goal setting, measurement and continuous improvement disciplines, and be a strong advocate for the advancement of ED+I across both the People and Organizational strategies.
If you get excited about working with smart, creative people, if you like to laugh every day while making a real, measurable impact, and if you believe that equity, diversity and inclusion strategies are essential business enablers, we’d love to get to know you.
- Serve as the ED+I subject matter resource on internal and external best practices and provide strategy, insights, and perspectives.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and continuous evolution of ED+I strategy, initiatives, programs, tools and resources across the organization. This includes (but is not limited to) talent acquisition, learning and education, Employee Resource Groups, onboarding, career and talent development
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple dimensions of identify: race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, generation, sexual orientation, ability, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique
- Lead, manage and develop team of ED+I specialists
- Ensure all programs are scalable and have a global reach
- Develop and evolve ED+I measures and metrics: use data to measure progress and inform strategy and priorities
- Consult with business leaders on integration of ED+I into product and business strategy
- Manage ED+I budget, including program spending, vendor contracts and payments, and shared costs supporting company initiatives and/or programs while reporting and tracking spending by quarter
- Work across the People Operations team to integrate ED+I concepts and applications into all people facing activities (recruiting, development, learning, engagement, people technology and analytics, rewards, etc.)
- Develop and foster strong relationships with external community and professional groups locally (greater Boston), nationally and globally, focused on improving diversity representation and inclusive workplace cultures within corporations.
- Act as an external spokesperson for Tripadvisor’s ED+I strategy and initiatives
- Responsible for supporting communication of ED+I content for company materials (e.g. website, recruiting materials, etc.), award submissions and otherwise maintaining ED+I content internally and externally
- Analyze and present trends in the area of ED+I and stay abreast of best practices and benchmark leading companies and programs. Proactively keep key stakeholders updated and make recommendations to design new and/or modify existing initiatives
- Be a consistent role model of the Tripadvisor Values
- 10+ years of leadership and management experience in Human Resources, ED+I, consulting or other related functions, with a track record of success designing and delivering ED+I programs, increasing diversity representation and creating corporate social responsibility initiatives aligned to company mission. Previous experience in tech industry or other fast-paced and dynamic industries preferred
- Effective communication, facilitation, persuasion, and influencing skills. Ability to interact, present and communicate with all levels of the organization. Experience being an external company representative on matters of ED+I and related strategy
- Strategic, integrative thinker who is able to understand the cross-departmental relationships necessary to implement company-wide change
- Creative, nimble, flexible, scrappy - able to toggle between the big picture strategy and practical, sustainable implementation
- Proficient in project planning, project management and stakeholder management
- Global perspective; ability to identify and respond to regional differences and needs
- Experience managing a budget including tracking spend, coordinating budget allocations and providing quarterly budget updates
- Strong leader who is able to lead in ambiguity and influence without authority
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, plan workflow and take initiative
- PowerPoint/Excel/Google docs skills; experience with Slack, Workday and various internal technology platforms is desirable