Global Finance Talent Program Analyst
Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology that builds a brighter, more sustainable and inclusive future for our customers, colleagues, communities, and the planet.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a US$70 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re transforming the world through intelligent transformation, offering the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices, infrastructure, and solutions. With more than 71,500 employees doing business in 180 markets, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Description and Requirements
Learning Opportunities and Responsibilities:
During this full-time three-year development program participants will:
- Rotate through three 12-month rotations within Lenovo finance organizations. This includes financial analysis and pricing within groups supporting multiple business, as well as financial audit, Centers of Excellence (COE), group control, etc. to establish a strong foundation of corporate accounting and finance knowledge.
- Provide financial analysis and support to business groups that develop and sell a variety of products and services including PCs and tablets, monitors, accessories, smartphones, smart home, and smart collaboration solutions, augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR), commercial Internet of Things (IoT), software, services, and smart infrastructure data center solutions around the world.
- Utilize financial and accounting concepts to provide profitability analysis, budget and forecast analysis, expense management, cost management, and basic tax, treasury, and accounting processes.
- Participate and lead group projects within the finance group, and cross functionally through Lenovo Gigs and special initiatives, to demonstrate teamwork, leadership, and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Participate in Lenovo and GFTP onboarding and training focused on strengthening early professional and financial skills as well as overall business acumen in the fast-paced, competitive world of technology.
- Mentoring, job shadowing and engagement with finance leadership team members.
- Ongoing exposure and training on Lenovo’s business strategy, key business initiatives, and end-to-end processes from new product and services development to customer delivery.
- Upon completion of the GFTP, you will be prepared to assume key positions within the organization globally.
- Master’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or related discipline obtained by June 2023, or obtained within the last 12 months prior to start date (estimated to be June 2023).
- 6+ months of corporate working experience (can be through internships) in the areas of analytics, statistics, accounting, or finance.
- Currently reside within commuting distance to the Lenovo US Headquarters in Morrisville NC, or within the United States and willing to relocate.
- Willingness to flex working hours to support stakeholders and team members based in different countries and time zones as business needs require.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, English required.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Passion for the Lenovo cultural attributes; Serving our Customers, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Teamwork with Integrity and Trust.
- Ability to quickly gather, analyze and interpret data. Can use data to draw conclusions, influence others and drive decision making.
- Strong accountability and ability to work independently while building and utilizing a network of internal resources to accomplish priorities.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high-energy and mission-driven colleagues.
- Critical and strategic thinker with the ability to solve complex problems and present innovative solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for US-based employees. As a condition of employment, employees must adhere to Lenovo’s US Vaccination Policy and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any applicable accommodations. To be fully vaccinated means individuals must receive the full series of a vaccine either approved by the FDA or WHO and listed by the CDC (e.g. two dose of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines; or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). This applies to all US-based employees, contractors and interns, regardless of work location. As a condition of employment, you must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or follow Lenovo’s accommodation process.