Global Equity Administrator
CalivaSan Jose, CA14 days ago
Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle; in boosting your spirits and seeking adventure; in motivating the mind, steadying the body and being inspired to create. A true seed to sale company; we cultivate happy plants and happy people and strive to provide California with dependable cannabis options. As one of the largest cannabis companies in the state of California, we pride ourselves in our compliance, professionalism, commitment to quality, and positive atmosphere. We stand by our promise of consistency, transparency, and accessibility as Caliva’s brick and mortar retail footprint continues to expand into new cities and is growing rapidly through our online pickup and delivery service.
Join the Caliva team and become part of something exciting!
In this hands-on role, the Global Equity Administrator will partner with senior leadership to develop the equity compensation program and establish policies. You will also be required to support all Caliva employees in the day-to-day administrative operations of our global stock compensation program. The Global Equity Administrator must have excellent communication and presentation skills because you are expected to create and maintain regular reporting for executive leadership and the board of directors.
What You’ll Do
- Lead administration of stock-related activities globally.
- Set up and maintain integrity of Equity system for employee stock options, ESPP and other forms of employee equity.
- Process stock transactions.
- Reconcile monthly Equity accounts and post to General Ledger.
- Generate and distribute equity reports for management and equity holders.
- Answer participant questions related to equity.
- Implement and maintain controls including those related to SOX.
- Manage equity compensation programs on a global basis.
- Help prepare equity sections of externally-filed documents.
- Streamline all policies and processes related to equity to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Respond to all Executive and employee queries on Caliva’s equity plans.
- Collaborate and liais between Accounting, HR and Legal teams.
- Work with Caliva's legal team to ensure compliance with federal, state and foreign regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You Have
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with Caliva Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Connectedness, Bias in Action, and Truth Seeking.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years experience in public company in stock admin role
- Frequent interface with senior leadership
- Ideally, IPO experience
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and time manage.
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Experience working in fast-paced work environment and able to adapt to demands of competing work priorities.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office, comfortability with various software and databases.
- Cannabis experience a plus but not required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
- Work revolves around objectives, projects and priorities, not hours; must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, sit, and bend for a majority of their work schedule.
- Ability to use computer and calculator for 8 hours or more.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the San Jose Police Department.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
Caliva is an equal opportunity employer.