Global Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re Food+ by Compass! Although the past couple of years have been quite a rollercoaster for everyone, our amazing talented teams have continued to work tirelessly crafting incredible food experiences to help fuel the teams creating world-changing technologies at one of the world’s major tech companies!
The food and experiences we provide make quite an impact! As we further return to the office, we’re more passionate than ever about supporting the long-term success & wellness of everyone we feed, and we love what we do.
We’re excited to grow our global team of skilled culinarians, managers, food service operators and subject matter experts - this is not just a workplace, it’s a place to innovate, a platform to bring your ideas to life, contribute to a sustainable future and best of all - be a part of an awesome team!
To support our growth we’re looking for a dynamic, strategic and inspirational Global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Director. You will be the architect of and champion for creating and maintaining a culture of intentional inclusion around the world. It will allow everyone on our team to achieve their full potential and grow without boundaries. You will collaborate with senior leaders, along with client partners and broader Compass Group partners, to design, develop and implement effective DE&I strategies and initiatives.
Our account is unique, and so are you. You will have poise and ability to navigate and leverage a dynamic partner relationship in our complex & exciting world!
The role can be flexibly based in one of our hubs; New York City, Bay Area, London or Singapore.
The great things you’ll do
- Drive the continual evolution and execution of our DEI strategy in congruence and collaboration with the Compass Group DEI strategic principles
- Manage, inspire, and lead a small team of professionals (directly and indirectly) who are passionate about advancing the DEI strategy and building momentum behind the initiatives supporting it
- Build deep understanding of how processes and systems currently work within the operation, and drive the changes needed to embed inclusion into our day to day practices related to the employee lifecycle (attracting, hiring, engaging, and retaining our diverse and talented employees)
- Collaborate closely with appropriate business leaders, Compass leaders, People Operations team, client partners, and other internal champions (often matrixed relationships) to influence and propel inclusion efforts while driving leadership accountability from the top
- Break down the walls of communication, create safe spaces and get people together, facilitate important conversations around empathy, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives; leverage small behavioral changes to gain more participation and show sustained progress
- Work closely with the communications team to develop a communications framework that is inclusive for all and cognizant of global and regional needs and cultural differences
- Use data, analytics, research, and insights from a variety of sources (e.g. surveys, focus groups, 1:1 dialogues) to create actionable plans and customize our DEI strategy to each region
- Work closely with the broader People Operations team to develop training to educate employees and managers on how to create inclusive working environments, which includes recognizing and responding to any form of bias within the organization
- Work with Talent Acquisition to diversify talent pipelines and develop an insights-driven and strategic global plan for diversity recruitment, development/promotion, and retention
- Partner with culinarians and operations leaders to build out and sustain a dedicated Women in Culinary program in each region; create additional programs where needed
- Partner with key stakeholders including People Operations and Operations teams to lead and support the Diversity & Inclusion Action Councils (DIACs) and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) around the world
- Develop a communication plan that captures and highlights the advancement of our DEI efforts, along with creating a way to measure and hold our organization accountable to sustained progress in the DEI space
What we look for in a great candidate
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience, with 5 years in management roles
- A minimum of 10 years leading DEI groups and/or initiatives
- A minimum of 5 years of global DEI experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Active member of DEI groups
What we’d love
- A true expert with a global lens, who understands DEI challenges, best practices, trends, and legislation in different geographies and cultures
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to regularly apply empathy, patience, and tact in sensitive situations
- A passion for people and teamwork, along with continuous learning, and diversity, equity, and inclusion work, best practices, and trends
- Experience working across geographies and countries
- Ability to work with, engage with, coach, and influence multiple stakeholders and leaders at various levels to drive behavior change
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple goals and deadlines simultaneously, and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to present complex, often emotionally laden DEI topics, in a simple and inspiring way, both verbally and in writing
- Has excellent analytical skills to analyze and interpret data, and drive actions from it
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training on various subjects
- Facilitation, negotiation, and problem resolution skills
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass Group, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.