Global Director, Corporate Communications
The Global Director of Corporate Communications leader plays a key role in driving internal and external corporate messages and communications strategy, overseeing global corporate reputation and equity-building campaigns, crisis and issues management, media relations and global corporate communications including annual editorial calendar, news bureau and speakers’ bureau, employee and internal communications, executive communications (CEO, Leadership Team).
The position will support the global function and reports to the Chief Communications & Sustainability Officer. The director will work across internal and external communications and manage the Corporate Assets Digital and Social Media Manager.
The candidate will play a central role in advancing both employee communications and living the company values through seamless communications as well as establishing the corporate equity and reputation – awareness and differentiation of the now standalone Wella Company.
- Working across the Global Communications function, and connecting in with top market communications managers (US, UK, DACH, Brazil and Japan) and with both internal team and agency partners, to advance the internal and external communications agenda across all stakeholders designing and implementing a communication strategy that delivers on the company’s growth agenda.
- Collaborating with key internal stakeholders to develop and deliver the internal communication channels and events inclusive of global Town Halls, newsletters, Facebook Workplace messaging and blogs, videos and podcasts and executive communications (primarily CEO and HR).
- Works closely with senior HR leaders to identify and deliver communications, activities and events that bring the Wella Company culture and values to life.
- Editorial and communications messaging, thought-leadership, speeches, feature bylines and editorial content, including talking points, presentations, social posts (internal and external), etc.
- Plan quarterly global meetings and ad hoc programs for senior leaders.
- Design tool kits including key messaging and content for local markets to tailor and execute. Transfer knowledge and communication on key brand launches and milestones for all employees.
- Collaborates with multifunctional teams on issue and crisis management globally, protocols for large scale announcements, leadership transitions, business interruptions, etc. and prepares corporate materials, playbooks and messaging, fact sheets, FAQs, Q/As, customer and employee letters for all.
- Deliver the external narrative for Wella globally including:
- Drive news bureau, speakers’ platforms, industry and top tier business event participation, partnerships and sponsorships
- Direct all global media outreach and press activity, for corporate, industry and business media as well as corporate social media, and content both proactive and reactive for all corporate digital assts and channels.
- Work across the regional global communications team leaders to ensure alignment of messaging, content and freedom within a strategic framework on all in-market activation to ensure it line to the overall company growth strategy and strategic growth pillars.
- Collaborate with Corporate Affairs, Sustainability, Brand Communications, Marketing, HR teams and functional leaders as necessary to develop proof points in support of corporate narratives.
- Minimum 15 years of global corporate communications experience; in-house experience preferred working across organizations over $1B revenue.
- Strong team player with exceptional strategic planning, communications (written and oral) and strong storyteller skills across channels (print, TV, byline, blog, video), collaboration skills, problem solving and ability to master multi-tasking working in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert influencer and collaborator who perceives how to gain alignment of disparate views and forge great outcomes.
- Experience developing omni-channel internal and external corporate communications strategy, driving campaigns that build corporate reputation and culture including: news bureaus, media relations, influencer and opinion elites outreach, partnerships (public, private, NGO), sponsorships, large scale events, crisis and issues management, policies and protocols, playbooks for global markets distribution, management of corporate digital assets: website/content and visual, corporate social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, You Tube, Workplace)
- Strong understanding of corporate communications in the age of Social Media.
- Strong ownership and accountability – able to roll-up your sleeves and to take ownership to make things happen. Ease of work style to do and lead others to effective outcomes.
- Able to thrive in a highly agile, fast-paced environment with multiple workstreams and tight deadlines.
- Global mindset and experience working across geographies, cultures and time zones.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and builder at heart, comfortable in a new standalone company and in a team in growth mode without all world-class structures and skills buttoned up.
- Experience working in global consumer, retail, ecommerce, lifestyle businesses and brands – not necessarily the beauty industry.
- Strong writing skills are a deal breaker to hiring.
- Multi-lingual (oral and written) a PLUS, but ability to command English language with fluency mandatory.
- Flexible to work across time zones and travel.
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Wella Company with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at: https://www.wellacompany.com/consumer-affairs
We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster