Global Copyright, Coordinator
Sony Music Publishing is the leading global music publisher, which is home to world-class songwriters, legendary catalogues, and industry-leading synchronization licensing and production music businesses. With an international network of 38 offices, Sony Music Publishing represents many of the most iconic songs ever written by celebrated songwriters such as The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Queen and The Rolling Stones, as well as contemporary superstars including Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, Pharrell Williams, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, P!nk, and Sam Smith. To learn more: www.sonymusicpub.com/en.
To further Sony Music Publishing’s place, leadership, and expertise in the Music Publishing Industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Day-to-day entry and maintenance of International Sony & EMI affiliate client and song data, per the Data Team’s designated territories/local offices.
- System creation and maintenance of client accounts/sub-accounts and works; ensuring they are registration-ready while observing local territory rules and protocols.
- Basic training/exposure and eventual usage of the copyright department’s proprietary data ingestion/manipulation/update tools.
- Working in conjunction with registration processes, protocols, and timelines.
- Working in conjunction with Atlassian JIRA products and platforms.
- Assisting with ad-hoc/“special” GCA-wide projects including voluminous deliveries, new catalogs, -scale amendment projects.
- Receiving and processing delegated or automatically assigned deliveries via JIRA, through to completion.
- Systematic organization, tracking, trueing-up, and filing of reports, deliveries, queries, etc via email,l, JIRA, internal drives, and databases etc.
- In-depth report tracking, trueing-up and feedback.
Who You are:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- 7.5-hour business workday but variations in work volume frequently require extended working hours for evening and late-night events.
- Experience of relational databases (propriety or otherwise).
- Strong focus and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to take and apply notes and training documents while learning and working.
- Taking initiative whilst remaining comfortable with asking questions, and putting forth potential al answers.
- Positive attitude and communication skills. Timely responses to emails and JIRA queries.
- Ability to compose and pose well-constructed questions and queries to others, having already engaged in any necessary research.
- Confidence in adhering to delivery/departmental workflow, pursuing answers and results when needed.
- Ability to be a flexible, adaptable, multi-tasker.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and communicate with the team leader on a regular basis.
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy while handling multiple varied tasks.
- Familiarity with common office software (Excel, Outlook/Email, Word).
- Experience of, and keen interest in Music Publishing Administration in general, plus.
What We Give You:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health, and meditation resources, industry -leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition, and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess and early close Summer Fridays
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.