Global Communications Manager
The Communications Manager is a member of the Corporate Internal Communications team, providing communications planning and execution for business clients as well as strengthening the global communications function through operational support and process management.
This role is primarily focused on serving as a communications resource for senior communication leaders in corporate functions on key enterprise change initiatives as well as supporting Corporate Affairs communication needs. This resource support includes aiding communications planning, tactical execution, metrics tracking and content creation for specific projects as directed.
This is a hybrid role; you will be required to come to the Kalamazoo location occasionally.
- Support enterprise-wide communication efforts or initiatives as an Internal Communications center of excellence for the company and other corporate functions (HR, IT, Finance, L&C, Supply Chain) through the development, leadership, support and/or execution of communication plans
- Create communication materials for the aforementioned plans, which may include writing, review/editing, video production, information gathering, live event production, speaker notes, graphics, etc.
- Contribute content to the Corporate team global channels (Connect, Global Town Halls, Global Monthly Broadcast, etc.)
- Provide operational support for global internal communications by tracking corporate communication project requests and timelines. Use information to help the team identify/quantify the most in-demand work as well as common areas of need and proactively suggest resource gaps that may exist.
- Identify best practices for engaging the Global Communicators Network in comms planning and execution as well as sharing of resources (documents, graphics, photos, etc.)
- Serve as communications partner for the Corporate Affairs team in communicating internally within the function. Create, execute, and measure the CA communications strategy including defining objectives, success measures, audiences, key messages, channels, tactics, visuals/graphics, etc.
- Own the CA-specific communication channels (e.g. monthly highlights, quarterly calls, Yammer group, etc.) and leverage other channels as appropriate.
- Support CA meetings and event content which may include driving/managing content, video creation, meeting collateral, etc.
- Support communications planning, activities, and timelines regarding CA initiatives to the broader enterprise.
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Communication team members and group/division/function/region communicators.
- Manage the training and development relationships and ensuring appropriate offerings are made available to the Communicators Network, working in partnership with communication leaders to identify the right offerings.
- Ensure communications are in alignment with the company’s strategies, goals objectives and brand.
- Ensure internal/external materials are appropriately reviewed and approved according to approval processes in place.
- Drive translations process as needed for various stakeholder groups.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree is required. English, communications, marketing, or related field is preferred.
- 8+ years of work experience are required, with preference in communications, marketing and/or branding.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to analyze and measure success.
- Previous experience in large organization is plus.
- 12 paid holidays annually
- Health benefits include: Medical and prescription drug insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, personalized healthcare support, wellbeing program and tobacco cessation program.
- Financial benefits include Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), 401(k) plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), basic life and AD&D insurance, and short-term disability insurance.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopaedics and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 130 million patients annually. More information is available at stryker.com.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program on our referral page
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. Employees and new hires in sales and field roles that require access to customer accounts as a function of the job may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain various vaccinations as an essential function of their role.