Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer for immediate employment in the Cleveland, Ohio office.
This position is expected to begin in the Fall of 2023.
The successful candidate will have a background in Civil Engineering with an emphasis/interest in Geotechnical Engineering. This position will have a will be a hybrid work arrangement (both onsite and remote work) under AECOM’s Freedom to Grow program. The candidate will be expected to work on site at our Cleveland, Ohio office at least two days per week, so relocation to the Northeast Ohio area is required.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with preparation of investigation work plans and assist in the procurement of subcontract drilling and laboratory testing services.
- Perform site reconnaissance visits.
- Participate in field drilling operations with tasks including directing subcontractors, logging soils and rock, and performing groundwater monitoring.
- Perform on-site construction quality assurance and inspections.
- Review laboratory data and assist with development of design parameters of the soils and rock.
- Create field and typed boring logs and boring location maps.
- Under the supervision of senior technical staff, perform a wide range of geotechnical analyses including foundation bearing capacity, settlement, and slope stability analyses.
- Assist with geotechnical and structural design for a wide range of project elements including retaining walls, sheet pile bulkheads, dams, slope stabilization, and bridge foundations.
- Assist with geotechnical reports for review by senior technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university and/or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Must have taken and passed the Engineer In Training Exam in the State of Ohio and/or other states with the ability to obtain an Ohio EIT within 6 months.
- Valid US Driver's license.
- 1+ years of Geotechnical and/or Civil Engineering experience.
- Coursework in geotechnical engineering topics preferred.
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or Civil3D for civil engineering-related projects.
- Experience using Bentley Microstation.
- Experience using Bentley gINT software.
- Experience using geotechnical engineering software, including slope stability analysis (SLOPE/W or similar), pile design software (LPILE, GROUP and APILE), and settlement analysis software (such as Settle3D).
- Flexibility to work on multiple diverse projects.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Willingness to travel (20% required), complete field work, and work extended hours, when necessary.
- Commitment to working efficiently to complete tasks within allotted schedule constraints.
- Ability to work as part of a project team comprised of AECOM staff and subcontractors.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Coursework in geotechnical engineering topics preferred
- This position may be subject to a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Record Screening.
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
- Sponsorship is available for candidates who are based in the US.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.