AECOM is seeking an Entry Level Geologist to be based in Louisville, KY.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with a variety of projects including data management, site investigations and remediation.
- Assist with gathering and analyzing geological, hydrogeological and geochemical data in both the field and office settings.
- Participate in field activities consisting of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air and soil vapor sample collection, geological logging and interpretation, and the oversight of subcontractors including laboratories and excavation and drilling companies.
- Office activities involving preparation of investigation reports.
- Candidate must also be able to work as part of a project team comprised of AECOM staff and subcontractors.
- Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, and commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative.
- Field work will be required including oversight of subcontractors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geology, Environmental Science or related field.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Ability to travel up to 80% to various job sites within US.
- Due to the nature of the work performed, US citizenship is required.
- Candidate must be proficient with basic computer programs; MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to understand and supervise advancement of soil borings and installation of monitoring wells;
- Ability to demonstrate a primary technical role in multiple site characterization, subsurface investigation and remediation projects at various client sites;
- Understand and assist with site conceptual models;
- Collect and evaluate environmental data in field and office settings;
- Prepare investigation reports and drawings;
- Possesses technical report writing skills;
- Independent field work and leadership of field teams;
- Contractor oversight;
- Selected candidate will be required to complete 40 hour HAZWOPER training or annual refresher class, if needed;
- Selected candidate will be required to complete OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety training, if needed;
- Selected Candidate will also receive First Aid/CPR training and AECOM specific training; and
- Learn and develop a keen understanding of hazard recognition; and environmental investigation or remediation.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Travel is required for this position.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 258206BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.