Genetic Content & Curation Specialist
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
What we offer:
- 💰 Competitive salary
- ✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits. Including employer HSA contributions.
- 📈 401k match
- 📝 Monthly lunch, phone, and wifi stipend for remote employees
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays, and company-wide recharge days
- 💌 Monthly stipend to spend on your well being
- 🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- 🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
Color is seeking a Genetic Content & Curation Specialist with a broad and deep knowledge of clinical genetics to help drive and own the conception, curation and execution of clinical genetic content and reporting needs. This individual should have experience curating literature and content as part of clinical genomics testing products as well as research and development investigating complex genetic diseases.
They should have excellent clinical and scientific research and curation skills, be able to gather and manage what information is needed to facilitate the creation of high quality, patient-focused, culturally-aware genetic testing content to patients and providers of varying educational levels and backgrounds. This individual should exhibit excellent organizational skills and project management knowledge to help us deliver on clinical genetics content and curation projects. Experience working as part of a clinical laboratory is a plus.
This position reports to the Clinical Genetics Reporting Lead and coordinates closely with the Reporting, Genetic Counseling, Scientific/Medical Affairs, Clinical Genome Interpretation, Laboratory, Engineering and QA teams.
How You'll Contribute:
- Perform content curation and literature research necessary to support clinical testing products and research initiatives, including content generated for the NIH All of Us Research Program DNA reports
- Manage, coordinate, and be a point of contact for clinical genetic curation projects
- Work cross functionally with other teams to lead, streamline, maintain and update content across genomics products
- Collaborate with other team members to manage and help support the development of automatable and reproducible clinical report language
- Initiate and manage projects that will improve clinical reports content
- Identify the updates needed for genetic reports content
- Responsible for standardizing genetic content and curation processes and policies
- Other research, development and reporting-related functions as needed
Our Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- MS or PhD degree in Genetics or Genetic Counseling with related clinical experience
- Experience critically analyzing medical and scientific literature
- Experience curating and editing clinical genetic report content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing and executing complex, interdisciplinary projects
- Demonstrate ability to formulate hypotheses, delegate tasks, analyze data, and help prepare content needed to support clinical genetic testing products and research initiatives
- Deep understanding of hereditary cancer, cardiovascular and pharmacogenomic risks and clinical management recommendations
Nice to Have:
- Experience working as part of a clinical genetics laboratory
- Experience managing large-scale public health genomic initiatives
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.