General Manager to lead state Operations, and own the P&L for the state. This is one of the most challenging and demanding positions Connected has to offer, calling for a unique blend of leadership, operational and technical prowess, data-driven truth-seeking, and an insatiable hunger for solving new challenges as they arise.
What You Will Do
- Lead and Manage our Florida teams - California operations spans an in-house sales team, retail operations, a complete distribution hub with fleet, and internal and external packaging and manufacturing efforts. Lead, manage, and grow your directs toward the effort of expanding the business. Ensure each department is focused on the right problems, and is equipped and unblocked to solve these challenges. Celebrate the wins and learn from the losses.
- Build and execute the roadmap for Florida - Gather information from our executive team and from the front lines to formulate the strategic roadmap for increased revenue and profitability. Through your directs, lead the quarterly planning process for California. Battle to improve our key operational metrics by introducing and tracking new process, introducing creative solutions to problems, and encouraging the team to flex their operational prowess.
- Lead Deals - Within Cannabis, there is plenty of opportunity to expand via savvy deals. Partner with our business and legal teams to lead operational deals which can range from buying an existing grow outright, to driving the acquisition of a California brand.
- Own the P&L; monitor & improve Distribution as a cost center - Partner with FP&A to create a consistent P&L for each functional area within your organization. Understand the largest opportunities to improve our margin; weave this within your overall strategy and execute a plan to create a more profitable state. If you identify opportunities for automation, build the case for why it will be ROI positive long term and level up the team with it.
- Communicate the wins, losses, and vision to the company - Present regularly to the broader leadership team and the individuals within your organization on progress within your department and the largest challenges you face. Bring the overall vision of why we’re here and routinely share highlights to motivate the team
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position manages all employees of the Florida Operations (Retail, Distribution, Supply Chain, Sales) and is responsible for the performance management and hiring all of the employees within that department.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience leading, motivating, and performance managing large teams and high-performing leaders
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an all-hands-on-deck approach
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Proven knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Demonstrated success innovating solutions to increase productivity and profitability
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be “in the trenches”
- Agility and comfort with ambiguity to adapt and adjust to the market, the state of the organization and quickly shifting priorities
- The ideal candidate will have an MBA, with 5 plus years experience across Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Luxury Retail, Luxury Hospitality, Successful & High-Volume Restaurant Management and/or an operational leadership role within a fast-growing company.
- At least 7-years people management or leadership experience
- A track-record of building high performance teams and growing leaders
- Professional certifications in personnel management, operations management, data analysis or supply chain management may be very useful
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world! This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (Flexible Vacation policy for exempt positions)
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!