The General Manager is responsible for leading, managing and continuously developing all aspects of their store's business. They are accountable for creating and maintaining a positive and highly productive work environment that aligns with the company's mission. They will be responsible for consistently achieving sales & profitability goals, operational objectives, merchandising standards and developing a highly successful team that will be motivated to grow, contribute and advance with Alo.
- Develop and execute the brand's retail strategies including customer experience, client relations management, employee performance, and community connectivity increasing the brand awareness, driving traffic into the store, and broadening and developing the clientele base.
- Local market knowledge of clientele base and brand competitors.
- Aware of business trends that relate to the success of the store and brand.
- Make informed recommendations for store opportunities that will lead to increased sales, foot traffic and further enhance customer relationships and the overall in-store experience.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen through KPI’s to develop and support business driving strategies
- Lead team by leveraging company tools, incentives & strategies to support meeting sales goals
- Identify and communicate individual and team training needs.
- Impact fitting room conversion ensuring that all clients are attended to in the fitting rooms, that product needs are easily accessible, and sales execution is seamless and accurate.
- Facilitate new hire onboarding, and on-going training for existing staff members.
- Ensure that the sales team genuinely exudes Alo's mission and values to effectively communicate to our visitors who we are, what we do and why we do what we do.
- Consistently drive and motivate the store team utilizing company performance tools to evaluate, achieve and exceed individual sales goals and store KPIs (Conversion, Average Sales, UPT, etc.).
- Establish an individual development plan to support professional growth aspirations and talent needs at Alo.
- Ensure that the store team are experts in product knowledge, fit, performance and brand styling, giving them the tools to be incomparable sales and service professionals.
- Proven ability to identify & recruit high-potential talent in the marketplace
- Ensure retention of top talent and succession planning in partnership with the corporate team.
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to the wardrobe standards for the current season, and always represent the Alo brand.
- Ensure the staff's adherence to all store standards (cleanliness, maintenance, replenishment etc.) on selling floor and back of house
- Maintain Visual Merchandising standards and directives ensuring they are consistently upheld by the store team.
- Supervise inventory management to ensure store shrink is at or below company target
- Complete all required daily and weekly reporting as requested.
- Manage headcount and payroll objectives for the store staff.
- Implement tactics to manage and maintain an effective P&L strategy
- Plan for future business needs to continually improve business results
- Ensure that all transfers, consolidations, pricing, shipping/receiving are done in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Make well-versed recommendations to help improve the company's operational systems and processes.
- Identify opportunities in product, sales, and team development and strategically present ideas and solutions to corporate
- Satisfactorily resolve all customer issues and/or complaints in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to support organizational goals
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels in the organization, including the executive team.
- Partner with field and corporate leaders to establish effective in-season long term strategies aligned with company initiatives.
- Demonstrate an ability to navigate the organization with a balance of business need and brand culture
- Conduct regular store meetings (i.e., morning, weekly, monthly, etc.) to motivate the team, and communicate brand activities and initiatives.
- Consistently reinforce company standards and policies and hold staff accountable in partnership with corporate.
- 5+ Years of proven retail or related industry experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Dynamic interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
- Agile with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Highly Motivated by driving business in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Business owner mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent work ethic, time management skills, and personal accountability
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents (Full-Time Employees)
- 401K with company matching (Full-Time Employees)
- Monthly Store Incentives
- Clothing Allowance
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries