Auxly Leamington is focused on cultivating and processing cannabis in a 1.1 million square feet high-tech greenhouse and manufacturing-production facility. We are seeking a highly experienced and talented hands-on General Manager to motivate a talented team and drive change and lead the way to become an industry leader. With a focus on innovation and quality assurance, our research and commitment to responsibility are just as important to us as the product we harvest.
We recognize that it is the employees that grow the business, which is why we are looking for a diverse group of individuals to grow along with us. During this hiring process, we will focus on collaboration, diversity, and richness in experience to bring together many unique backgrounds and form an amazing team.
Based out of Leamington, Ontario, Auxly is currently looking for a General Manager to join our Operations team. The General Manager will lead and drive all aspects of our cannabis operation, provide direct oversight, coaching, and business direction to the facility. Provides guidance and direction to cultivation, processing, quality, packaging-production, inventory management, maintenance, and security teams.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and success in cannabis, pharmaceutical, industry with strong attention to detail, organization skills, and excellent communication skills to all parts of the organization. He/She will be responsible for overseeing operations and ensuring internal strategic alignment at our state-of-the-art facility in Leamington. Ontario.
- Leadership: Responsible for managing the Site and Leadership Team. Motivate team and encourage collaboration to achieve business goals. Ensure team is following the company’s safety protocols and meeting production goals and regulatory requirements.
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information - relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when an 80% solution will suffice.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently (people, funding, material, support) for multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal. Applies knowledge of internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing efforts.
- Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work. Learns quickly when facing new situations, actively experiments to find new solutions and takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks using both successes and failures as learning opportunities.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives and follows through on commitments. Partners with others to get work done and gains trust and support of others.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear and effective understanding among diverse styles and position levels. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Embody Auxly mission and strategy and act in a responsible, ethical, and honest manner while consistently leading by example.
- Ultimate responsibility for the site performance and operations, business and financial KPIs, quality and customer service.
- A strong and empathetic People Leader: Inspire autonomous decision making, drive talent development, set goals and objectives for direct reports and support them in achieving individual and team progress. Coach all direct reports and create a culture for organic succession planning.
- Develop trusting working relationships with direct reports to promote learning and development and give timely and constructive feedback as and when required to aid in employees’ professional development.
- Work alongside the Quality and Compliance Teams to ensure adherence to all government regulations, manage and oversee all operational departments including, Cultivation, Production Quality and Health and Safety.
- In collaboration with Sr. Management, develop site budget and allocation, manage P&L’s, oversee workforce Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Evaluate and measure forecast accuracy results against business objectives and operational plans; share results with Senior Management and stakeholders to proactively drive corrective action.
- Enhance gross margins through continuous COGs improvement across cultivation and production.
- Prepare and present consolidated and accurate budgets, operational reports, and analyses along with regular well-articulated updates to support, drive and influence decision-making and discussions.
- Lead and facilitate Continuous Improvement initiatives across all departments.
- Build the teams and skillset necessary to execute all manufacturing programs with excellence.
- Generate, test and maintain Business Continuity Plans for all critical Manufacturing operations.
- Partner with Supply Planning and Logistics peers to optimize end to end value chain
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a senior people and operational leadership role in a CPG manufacturing, pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Previous experience managing and overseeing a multi-site or subsidiary scale-up including managing budgets and P&L’s and workforce planning.
- Completion of the Operational Excellence Certification – Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt and Design for Six Sigma.
- Cannabis knowledge and experience is essential.
- Strong and current knowledge of the Cannabis Act and its Regulations, Good Production Practices (GPP), Good Agricultural Practice (GAP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), HACCP, regulatory and environmental guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve specific and targeted program results
- Experience managing P&Ls, including unit-based cost analysis and margin enhancement
- High analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to exceed expectations while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Previously demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint’ working knowledge of demand planning systems.
- Self-motivated with strong decision-making abilities.
What Will Set You Apart
- Previous and direct work experience with a Canadian Cannabis License Holder (LH).
- Project Management experience with a PMP certification.