If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation in you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
Our specially trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
Remote Work Available: No
As a General Manager, you will be a motivator and mentor with experience leading 20+ employees, as you will be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment and making Trulieve the #1 dispensary. The Retail General Manager must have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and motivational skills with high customer service expectations, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ensure maximum profitability and sales growth in all store functions by managing expense budgets, including deposits, accounts receivable, and profit and loss.
- Direct daily operations with full P&L responsibility at the store-level.
- Seek out new and innovative ways to increase business.
- Maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing company standards, handling customer inquiries, and resolving any complaints.
- Utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in store performance.
- Coordinate with the Trulieve retail ops, procurement and marketing team to understand the success of promotions, coupons, etc. and to recommend future promotions and sales.
- Perform inventory audits, assessments of productivity, and of new merchandise in partnership with other departments.
- Adhere to all cannabis state-specific regulations and laws, execute and enforce compliance efforts.
- Review dispensary environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the team and take action to achieve operational goals.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 21 years of age (or minimum of 18 years of age in CT, PA and WV).
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must successfully pass state law requirements to obtain applicable licensure and credentials.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- 5+ years of experience in General Manager roles in a retail, hospitality, and/or sales setting is required-or equivalent.
- Cannabis experience strongly preferred.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week (including holidays) and to be flexible with schedule.
- Previous success managing a location with P&L responsibility is required.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, and team development is required.
- Experience with frequent interaction with customers, fulfilling the requests of customers, and taking responsibility for addressing customer issues, questions or suggestions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines, as well as strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn state-specific cannabis laws and regulatory compliance is required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 10 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day.
- Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner in order to complete effectively the first time.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
Trulieve provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.