What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community. We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed leader who is excited to help scale our business and build on our product-market fit. As a market GM, you will launch, scale and manage your market's operations from the ground up. GMs at Swimply own their market's P&L which means you will have the responsibility to grow top-line revenue through a mix of local partnerships, community events and out-of-the-box user acquisition initiatives, all while managing to a budget. Successful candidates will have experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver online and in-person experiences, as well as scaling the growth and profitability of a rapidly growing business.
- Build, develop and lead a team of smart and passionate people towards building Swimply
- Set the mission and strategy with your team and oversee the results-driven execution in your market
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at guest and host partners
- Run experiments: we're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems!
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within our ecosystem
- Be accountable for delivering on the numbers for the business: lead, manage and develop each market, in line with the company’s business strategy, and ensure that revenue, profit and growth expectations are met
- Oversee market expansion and the launch strategy across your metro area
- Grow the business – adding new customers through new channels and offerings while optimizing current business and nurturing current customer base
- 6+ years in business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area. (Rapidly changing environment, start-up experience, P&L ownership are a plus)
- Analytical and data-driven decision-making mentality
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
- Experience leading a team, with willingness to invest in the coaching and development of your team members
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- You’ll be getting in early to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our culture, core values, who we end up hiring, and how we build and roll out world-class practices and processes
- You’ll experience unlimited growth opportunities as the company grows, scales and matures
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard and is in service to our community of users
- You’ll be working with founders and an executive team that have start-up experience and have helped their companies achieve massive scale
- Compensation consists of a strong equity package commensurate with experience and seniority of the role along with base salary.