About Neighborhood Goods
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more.
About the General Manager position
We have a unique opportunity for the right leader to help us innovate the space of retail and F&B. We’re reshaping the notion of department stores, and of physical retail, to foster a new culture around shopping and the type of experience you can expect from it.
Under the direction of the SVP of Retail, the General Manager is responsible for driving store profitability by ensuring the efficient facilitation of the selling process and guest experience in the restaurant. The successful candidate will demonstrate fiscal responsibility while ensuring that the store team has the resources and materials to support the team goals and maximize the customer experience.
The successful candidate will have prior retail management experience handling all aspects of store operations.
General Manager responsibilities include:
- Identify issues and create strategies to keep competitive with the local retail market
- Problem-solve in a fast-paced, changing environment exercising good judgment about the company's objectives in determining solutions
- Monitor and communicate competitive strategies through first-hand market observations
- Ensure all merchandise is well presented on the floor following visual, marketing and operational directives and standards, and is signed according to standards
- Partner with HQ and SVP of Retail to drive merchandise assortment that represents the customer in the market
- Ensure management team members recruit, interview and select candidates with requisite skills to accomplish goals and add value to existing team, manages retention and turnover
- Support our Chef in the operational responsibilities and compliance related tasks
- Work with the Director of FB in developing strategic plans for the restaurant
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Uphold standards of excellence, integrity and soaring quality
- Seek out opportunities for sales expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Achieve strategic sales targets while controlling expenses
- Lead from the front
Who You Are:
- Inspirational leader through both action and collaboration who can be relied upon to see the potential of those around them
- Create an environment of excellence that promotes a high performance culture, encourages associates to share ideas and recognizes and acknowledges individual and store team performance
- Constantly acquire new industry knowledge and skills and share learnings with team members and colleagues
- Establish positive relationships, act with customers and teams in mind, and have great networking and relationship management
- Have a clear view of how the different abilities, background and cultures of team members work together to create a collaborative environment and deliver results
- Act as a coach and role model to bring out the best in your team
- Develops strategic and creative events that drive traffic and increase customer sales; analyze event results to assess ROI
- Increase store visibility in the community via partnership with local publications, charitable organizations, and other beneficial groups
General Manager requirements are:
- College degree or equivalent
- 5 - 10 years of store management experience - F&B experience a plus
- Proven track record of successfully managing a selling workforce and achieving results
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong merchandising skills
- Enthusiastic and an optimistic individual
- A desire to direct and factually communicate to the team in order to achieve success
- Ability to train and mentor others
- A strong work ethic with a critical eye to detail
- Honest of your successes and your failures
- Detailed understanding of financial reporting
- Desire to create and maintain a great culture
Details & Benefits:
- Be part of a great team of nice people
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities
- A culture that promotes innovating te space to be an employer of choice
- Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthcare and other such benefits are available.
- As an early hire at an exciting young company, you'd be directly involved with the creation of the company's foundational culture.
We are an equal opportunity workplace committed to crafting a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.