We are looking for a Garden Manager to join our growing Cultivation team. The Garden Manager will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day functions of the cultivation production areas; managing all cultivation agents; ensuring that all processes, training requirements, schedules, policies and procedures are followed, and that the cultivation production goals (developed in accordance with the Cultivation Center Business Plan and registered qualifying patient needs) are met; and approving batches of harvested cannabis for processing, packaging, labeling, and sale after receiving passing test results from the Department-approved laboratory. This position will also be responsible for the documentation, ordering, and receiving of all inventory and products, arranging deliveries, maintaining facility compliance, and cleanliness.
CORE JOB DUTIES
Agent Support and Management:
- Responsible for managing cultivation staff, schedules, cultivation processes, inventory, and vendor relations.
- Serves as a role-model and resource for cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responds to all agent questions, concerns, or suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Responsible for delegating tasks to cultivation agents in order to maintain a compliant and clean cultivation facility.
- Coordinates with the upper management team to ensure accurate information is communicated to the cultivation staff.
Cultivation Operation Management:
- Oversees all cultivation tasks and processes, ensures proper documentation of all applicable activities in accordance with the State and standards set by Cresco Labs.
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees the transition of product development by ensuring the proper tasks are executed and the environmental conditions support the cultivation of superior product quality.
- Oversees supply stock, orders, and deliveries to ensure efficient levels of all cultivation inputs and supplies.
- Responsible for measuring and mixing nutrient and plant applications, and applying these mixtures according to Cresco Labs policy.
- Ensure plant health by pruning, toping, trimming, analyzing plant health according to Cresco Labs policy, as well as any other tasks required.
- Maintain rotation of strains through garden to ensure variety and quantity for RMD locations.
- Direct environmental programs, such as air or water compliance, aboveground or underground storage tanks, spill prevention or control, hazardous waste or materials management, solid waste recycling, customer waste management, indoor air quality, integrated pest management, employee training, and disaster preparedness.
Reports and Documentation:
- Maintain accurate records of all cultivation activities including employee records, inventory records, crop application records, materials receipt, returns, etc. in accordance with the State and standards set by Cresco Labs.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in plant biology, physiology, biological sciences, agricultural sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Two years of experience in a position with managerial responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of plant cultivation and cultivation facility operations and knowledge of medical cannabis policy and law.
- Proficiency in word processing, point-of-sale systems, and data base management.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time-management and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.