Full-Stack, Web Developer
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Work closely with the platform architect, DevOps, and other team members to build features, resolve issues, and perform testing related to customer facing, high traffic services and applications in a collaborative environment while owning your solution from development to production
- Design, build, test, and deploy business critical applications, service layers, and API
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates
- Actively drive sound technical decisions that allow our software to operate with high quality, at large scale, and with a high level of availability
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
- Drive and participate in peer code reviews, PR validation, and testing throughout the SDLC
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of the systems
- Work with the team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 6 years web developing experience
- At least 5 years Node.js development experience, including having built a REST API with a Node.js framework such as Express.js, Koa, or NestJS
- At least 5 years of experience and proficiency with HTML and CSS/CSS3 for frontend development
- At least 3 years of experience in complex single page application (SPA) development, including having built, independently or as part of a team, an immersive SPA from the ground up
- At least 3 years of experience working with and developing web applications running on or interacting with enterprise cloud service platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- At least 3 years of experience in developing business critical software using REST APIs, web services, and JSON/XML
- At least 2 years of experience building applications in containerized environments using Docker
- Knowledge and experience using and managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) technologies for web application and REST API development and deployment
- Proficiency in SDLC, including coding standards, linting, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of microservices and cross-platform architecture
- Experience with agile development methodologies and software
- Experience with PhotoShop, Illustrator or other common photo and graphics editing
- Position based at HQ in Austin, TX
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.