Full Stack Software Engineer
Kit (Kit.com) has turned the home into the exam room of the future, making health testing simpler, easier and more reliable for patients. With Kit, patients no longer have to go into a doctor’s office to receive certain exams or visit a lab for a diagnostic test—they can do it all from the comfort of their home.
Kit remains as an independent subsidiary of Ro and enables other leading healthcare companies, as well as telehealth providers and hospitals, to send a test kit to a patient's home with the click of a button. Kit’s office and CLIA and CAP-accredited clinical laboratory are located in the Dogpatch district in downtown San Francisco.
Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than eight million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro has been named a Best Place to Work in 2021 by Fortune, Inc., and Forbes, as well as Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies.
This position is an in-office, San Francisco-based position.
What You'll Do:
- Design and build large-scale, distributed, highly available, well-tested, and easily managed applications
- Build across the full stack, from backend APIs to front end-user interfaces, to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Work with a cross-functional team to identify and define features that will solve complex patient and logistics problems in a manner that is easy to understand and explain
- Iterate on ideas quickly from brainstorming sessions, through proof of concept towards delivering the final version
- Become deeply familiar with the challenges we’re solving for members and the technical approaches we’ve taken, and push for optimizing those flows from both a UX and infrastructure perspective
- Steer process improvements and technical best practices as we continue to grow our hybrid team
What You Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of engineering experience with a good understanding of how to design robust and scalable services
- A solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code
- Familiarity with relevant tools and technologies, with a drive to stay up-to-date with ongoing changes and advancements
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate with engineering and other parts of the organization
Bonus Points for:
- Startup experience
- Familiarity with HIPAA
- Familiarity with Python/Flask
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
Ro’s mission is to build a patient-centric healthcare system. We are the only healthcare company in the country to seamlessly integrate nationwide telehealth, in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare — without the need for insurance. Our vertically-integrated primary care platform was built from the ground up to power a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience for patients.
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.