At Courier we are on a mission to make computer-to-human software communication delightful. Our first step in achieving this is to do for notification infrastructure what Stripe has done for payments infrastructure. We’ve created the complete communication stack for developer teams.
Our API takes the tedium out of integrating various notification channels, while our Studio lets anyone design a message template and deliver the right message to the right user at the right time with a single API call. Email, Push, Slack, SMS, you name it.
We’ve raised $12.5 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Twilio, SendGrid, Slack, and Y Combinator. We're fanatical about delivering an amazing experience to software developers of companies big and small; if you are too, we should talk!
We're looking for a creative, product-focused, full-stack engineer to help us develop key features of the next generation of our product. You'll use modern tools like React, node.js, TypeScript, AWS Lambda, and Serverless Framework to deliver high performance, modular, maintainable code. We're looking for someone who thrives on putting new features in front of customers and takes pride in the quality of their work.
Who You Are
- You love working on early products and being a major contributor to not just building the product, but deciding how it is built.
- You are relentlessly customer-focused and are eager to talk to our customers (developers like you!) to learn how we can improve.
- You have experience building infrastructure that prioritizes security and privacy, or a willingness to learn the fundamentals. At Courier every developer is responsible for writing and deploying code that retains or improves the security, privacy, and compliance of our customers' data.
- You're a firm believer that developers will increasingly rely upon 3rd-party SaaS Developer Tools like Stripe, Segment, LaunchDarkly, and Courier to ensure their own time is spent focused on their product's core value proposition. Our CEO likes to say "it's turtles all the way down."
How We Work
- We hire smart, engaged people who are great at what they do
- We give people the freedom to work on the things they feel will most impact the business
- We all give honest, direct feedback on ideas and initiatives
- We all seek to help the business, not please the boss(es)
- We all do great work and have fun doing it!
Committed to Being Inclusive
At Courier, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in how software communicates with humans. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
- Top of market salary
- Generous equity plan
- Top of the line PPO health insurance plan (medical, dental & vision) – we cover 99% of your personal and dependent premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A brand new workstation and credit card to cover any other necessary expenses
We’ve created a beautiful office space where we can create together as well as be a gathering place for our community. We are located in SOMA near 5th & Folsom, only a few blocks away from BART, MUNI, and CalTrain.
Security & Compliance
Courier takes protecting the data of our customers – and of their notification recipients – seriously. Every Courier employee goes through security training and a background check as part of onboarding. Each employee is expected to follow Courier's security and compliance processes, and uphold industry best practices.