Full Stack Engineer
What’s so great about working on Calendly’s Engineering team?
We make things possible for our customers through impactful innovation.
We are looking for an engineer who will bring deep technical know-how, system design knowledge and a healthy dose of fun to the team. You will be responsible for adding Enterprise Features on the Calendly app and will be reporting to an Engineering Manager in the Departmental Solutions Group.
A day in the life of a Full Stack Engineer III at Calendly...
The Calendly platform is a monolith that is being decomposed into various services in order for us to scale our platform and team. We need ambitious, experienced engineers who can help us drive this stage of growth. As an engineer at Calendly, you will both build new features and work to scale our platform and architecture. You will build tooling and automation to fine tune our delivery process as you grow into a service oriented specialist. You will also learn to work with multiple technologies such as Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Argo Workflows, Rails, NodeJS, React, PostgreSQL, Redis, to name a few.
When you join Calendly, you get the opportunity to deliver on a product used by millions and known for its best-in-class quality. Help us continue to deliver critical features to our users with excellence.
On a typical day, you will...
- Collaborate within your team to build new features that are targeted at our highest impact enterprise customers
- Contribute to platform scaling initiatives
- Meet regularly with Product and Design to fine tune requirements
- Attend agile ceremonies to help your team plan out their work and get it done
- Work across squads to improve Engineering practices at Calendly
- Review implementation plans and pull requests from your peers
- Mentor and coach other team members
What do we need from you?
- 3+ years of Software Development experience at a SaaS or technology company
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) (microservices)
- Previously survived a Monolith to Services architectural rebuild
- Experience with Rails, Node, or a comparable web-app development framework
- A drive to craft clean, reliable and maintainable code
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States of America as Calendly does not engage in immigration sponsorship at this time
What’s in it for you?
Ready to make a serious impact? Millions of people already rely on Calendly’s products, and we’re still in the midst of our growth curve — it’s a great time to join us. Everything you’ll work on here will accelerate your career to the next level. If you want to learn, grow, and do the best work of your life alongside the best people you’ve ever worked with, then we hope you’ll consider Calendly as your next place to work.
Our Hiring Process:
Typically, individuals will participate in the following interview process. However, there may be slight nuances given the role and or department we are hiring for. Please keep in mind that individuals can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified individuals will be invited to schedule a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team. This is a great time to ask any initial questions you have about the company or the role.
- Next, we’ll put you in direct contact with your potential manager. You’ll learn about life at Calendly, the responsibilities within your role, and the qualities needed to succeed here.
- Then, we will send a take home test where you can highlight your skills.
- Following that, you’ll meet with your team members.
- Finally, to get to know you better, we'll connect with references that you provide to us.
We aim to provide an inclusive and equitable experience to everyone who expresses interest in working at Calendly. The recruiter assigned to this role will keep you informed every step of the way. Have questions? Let your recruiter know! Want to share your experience? We are passionately committed to improving and building on our process, and we consider feedback a gift.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the application or recruiting process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This specific role is not eligible for employment in California or Hawaii. Note that all individual roles will specify location eligibility.
Candidates residing in California may visit our Notice at Collection for California Candidates here: Notice at Collection