Full Stack Engineer
The Full-Stack Engineer will work as part of a collaborative engineering team and will be responsible for the development and optimization of our product and tech stack for Immersive Healthcare at Penumbra. Our team is driven by the opportunity to leverage cutting-edge gaming and VR technologies to drive innovation in the world of rehabilitation.
What You’ll Work On
- Build and maintain a React-based Web client for a medical device application.
- Manage data storage through a GraphQL- and Node.js-based backend.
- Experience integrating with EHR systems, including use of the FHIR standard
- Approximately 75% of your time on frontend work integrating with VR game, 25% time on backend work managing data storage.
- Collaborate with Gameplay Engineers to design, document and implement API calls to and from a virtual reality game running in parallel.
- Take designs from concept to implementation in shipped products, working with teammates from a wide range of disciplines.
- Help to diagnose, fix, and learn from service issues in production.
- Actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the roadmap for Immersive Healthcare products across various programs and platforms.
- Solicit and apply customer feedback to improving the product.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) as well as domestic and global quality system regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Understand relevant security, privacy and compliance principles and adhere to the regulations, standards, and procedures that are applicable to the Company.
- Ensure other members of the department follow the QMS, regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
What You Contribute
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 3+ years of experience as a Web engineer (Full Stack or Frontend), or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven success in development and deployment of backend / frontend platforms in a SaaS environment
- Experience taking designs from concept to implementation in shipped products
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter and comfortable to work autonomously or collaboratively with crossfunctional teams, with agile development approach
- Highly developed teamwork skills with experience working in cross-collaborative teams
- Demonstrated success in owning projects end-to-end, including working with nontechnical
- GraphQL and Hasura
- Cloud development, preferably Azure
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Android system development
- Working in a Medical Device or Biotech organization
- Game development, virtual reality, or Unreal Engine
- Stakeholders to set priorities, define requirements, and seek feedback
General office environment. Business travel from 0% - 5%. Requires some lifting and moving of up to 25 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Annual Base Salary Range: $144,560 - $190,200 / year
We offer a competitive compensation package plus a benefits and equity program, when applicable. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package for eligible employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid parental leave, eleven paid company holidays per year, a minimum of fifteen days of accrued vacation per year, which increases with tenure, and paid sick time in compliance with applicable law(s).
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures, and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet need. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada, and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
For additional information on Penumbra’s commitment to being an equal opportunity employer, please see Penumbra's AAP-Policy-Statement.