San Francisco, CA
Mountain View, CA
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. One of the most rewarding parts of building a toolkit is seeing the incredible things your users create with it. We’ve seen our largest and most sophisticated customers use Airtable to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited about building systems to empower our fast-growing engineering team. This role will involve working on a new team focused on developer effectiveness. This team, which serves our entire engineering organization, strives to make developers at Airtable more successful by constantly improving our development tools to help us create and deliver product improvements with as little friction as possible.
What you'll do
- Empower developers to ship products faster by building an end-to-end development toolchain, including local development tools (debuggers, profilers, local testing, language and package management tools), code review tools, build, and CI.
- Collaborate across teams to understand developer workflows and pain points, gather requirements, and take a data-driven approach to improving their overall satisfaction with development.
- Make strategic investments to ensure our development processes and tools can scale during a period of hyper growth.
- Design new tools, shared infrastructure, and core abstractions for our codebase, optimizing for the developer experience, scalability, performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Work across the entire stack, wherever we identify the biggest opportunities for return on investment.
Who you are
- You are a seasoned developer productivity engineer or a skilled software engineering generalist with 5+ years of industry experience who is willing to learn new technologies and apply them in a fast changing environment.
- You are a full-stack engineer who has empathy for other developers, has a desire to constantly improve the codebase, and wants to enable others to do their job more effectively.
- You are passionate about software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- You have experience in areas such as CI/CD, build systems, test infrastructure, performance measurement and optimization.
- You have experience working with Typescript, or the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits