The Living Room team is responsible for building and maintaining our apps on multiple platforms, including Chromecast, Roku and SmartTVs. As we grow, we plan on adding new platforms into our portfolio. Our goal is to produce robust, performant applications that deliver content that will delight and engage our audiences, partners and internal stakeholders. We embody Crunchyroll’s collaborative spirit, and work closely with various internal teams to engineer scalable solutions that can be shared across all client platforms.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and project managers to implement new features across Crunchyroll's Chromecast receiver app
- Coordinate with team lead on technical designs and technology decisions
- Coordinate with multiple teams and manage dependencies where applicable.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure good code quality by doing rigorous code reviews and maintaining good code coverage on tests
- Work with team lead to develop a comprehensive testing pyramid
- Mentor junior engineers in order to level up their skills
In the role of Frontend Engineer III, you will report to the Senior Manager, Engineering.
We are considering applicants for the location(s) of Culver City, San Francisco, Dallas, and New York.
We get excited about candidates, like you, because...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 4+ years Front end development.
- Strong focus on potential areas of self improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in incorporating reliable unit and end-to-end testing to UI frameworks.
- Proficient in React/Typescript
- React/Svelte/Solid knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization
- Experience working with and testing on devices.
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Experience with remote work, and online code pairing.
- Proficiency in AWS technologies, including Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation a plus.
The Crunchyroll Living Room team is tasked with developing streaming apps for SmartTV, Roku, ChromeCast and set top boxes. Our engineers strive to deliver best-of-class apps to our vibrant community of anime fans, in order to surprise and delight our loyal viewers.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!
The Pay Range for this position is listed. Actual pay will vary based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Crunchyroll’s Total Rewards offerings for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, employer matched retirement savings, time-off programs, and progressive health benefits and perks.
Pay Transparency - San Francisco, CA
About our Values
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do.
- Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission of helping people belong reflects our commitment to diversity & inclusion. It's just the way we do business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our Hiring FAQs: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040471712-Crunchyroll-Hiring-FAQs
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email account.