Front End Developer
At Rothy’s, we know there’s a better way to do business, and it starts by putting the planet and its people first. More than 146 million single-use plastic bottles and 493,00+ pounds of ocean-bound marine plastic have been transformed into our signature thread, creating wardrobe staples that look just as good as they feel.
Striving for zero waste, we combine 3D knitting technology and handcrafted assembly to create machine washable styles that don’t compromise on comfort. From classic shoes to carry-everywhere bags, we create essentials for wherever you go.
Working to close Rothy’s loop by 2023, building a sustainable future is at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive environment at our HQ, retail stores and wholly-owned factory, and are growing our community every day.
About the Team:
As a direct to consumer company, technology is at the center of everything we do, and we couldn’t do it without this team. The expertise of our Technology team helps make Rothy’s a well-oiled machine. These whizzes keep all things tech-related ticking—from expertly engineering our site to providing essential IT assistance to cross-functional teams. As a direct to consumer company, technology is at the center of everything we do, and we couldn’t do it without this team. We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our growing team and help ensure that our products are delivered with the highest level of quality possible.
The Front End Developer will initially report to our SVP, Technology and work collaboratively with the Product, UX, and Engineering teams to build new product features and design, implement and launch highly-visible features for our website. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent analytic and problem-solving skills and has the tenacity to discover the hard-to-find defects and manage them until closure.
A passion for retail and fashion, and a focus on sustainability are a plus.
Front End Developers are responsible for implementing beautiful, articulate frontend solutions, working with designers and project leads in our never-ceasing mission to create best-in-class e-commerce experiences. We build out our frontend solutions using frameworks like Vue.js or React, on Shopify platform. Backend experience is a plus in this role. We are looking for someone that has a passion for writing code in an effort to create clear and systematic solutions that speak to design and technical visions. We are looking for someone that is not scared of experimentation and challenging convention but at the same time excited about peer-review, constructive critique and collaboration.
What You’ll Do:
- Solve complex problems in the e-Commerce sphere. Dive into complex problem sets with passion and aptitude
- Collaborate with Product, Design, QA, Data, Technical management and Architecture in the design of software products
- Be responsible for implementing well tested and thoughtful solutions across a wide range of challenges
- Join engineering solutions and level of efforts discussions for stand ups, sprint and quarterly planning
- Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns
- Partner with like-minded developers in empowered and self-organized product teams
- Support our move to full automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Develop, Test, Deploy and support software that meets and exceeds business needs
- Practice Agile methodologies to deliver the software, which will help in providing faster feedback on business features
- 4+ years of web development experience
- 1+ years experience with Shopify as a platform. We love fast learners but some platform experience is a must
- classes and other goodies
- Experience with Vue.js or React, or a desire to learn
- A desire to create custom CSS solutions that are scalable and performant
- Experience with testing and integrating REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with adding custom Shopify apps
- The ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and speak up when needed
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Generous paid time off
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive health plans for you and your family
- Supplemental mental health benefits
- Healthy snacks
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Quarterly product allowance!
$150,000 - $175,000 annually
Base pay is one part of the total rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Rothy's is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. In support of that, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their first day with Rothy's if allowed by applicable state law. If you have a health-related need or religious belief that prevents you from getting the vaccine, let's chat so we can explore reasonable accommodations. Have questions or concerns? Just let your recruiter know. We're happy to walk through them.