We can't predict what the future holds, but we know Texas Instruments will have a part in shaping it.
Our user experience design team is looking for a UI Developer with a focus on front-end visual design who can transform high-fidelity web user interface prototypes into fully functioning code on TI.com, our main customer-facing website with millions of visits per year.
The role of our UI developers is to improve efficiency of our code generating workflow/process using performance focused thinking and efficient implementation techniques, and to be a go-to source for questions, troubleshooting, and best practices related to front-end development.
As part of this team, you will focus on providing modern front-end solutions that deliver industry standards for TI.com. You build design-accurate implementations that uphold our design standards and work responsively across browsers. You are the liaison between UX designers and full-stack developers with your expertise in both design and development.
- Maintain existing web components and work with deployment pipeline
- Perform peer reviews and provide feedback and approval for other UI Developers to ensure the generated code meets project specifications, cross browser compatibility and adhere to our guidelines
- Participate in User Acceptance Tests (UATs), troubleshoot bugs and research resolutions
- Research on technologies, document technical restrictions and dependencies for patterns
- Update and contribute to Pattern Library
- Resolve technical issues by coordinating with back end developers and DevOps
- Be a liaison between developers and the UX design team
- Consult with and provide functional feedback to UI/UX designers on designs
- Improve efficiency by performance focused thinking and efficient implementation techniques
- Participate in scrum meetings, sprint demos and other Agile practices
- Deliver HTML/CSS guidelines, documentation, demo sessions and blogs as needed
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Front-end designer (or similar role), with a bachelors’ degree in a related field
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating a range of relevant work is essential
- Solid understanding of HTML & CSS/SASS/SCSS semantics, best practices and guidelines at an enterprise level
- Manipulating style of page elements in DOM and HTML templating in various JS formats, such as Thymeleaf and Nunjuks
- Expert in web framework technology such as Web components, Shadow DOM, Stencil, Angular and/or Riot
- Comfortable with Node.js/NPM
- Experience with GIT, repo and branch management
- Understand DevOps and pipeline process
- Comfortable with UNIX command line interface
- Understand cross browser issues and resolutions
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, curious and resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills, work collaboratively with other team members, with the ability to translate UX design to development needs
- Ability to think critically and devise solutions with business and user goals in mind
- Engineer your future. We empower our employees to truly own their career and development. Come collaborate with some of the smartest people in the world to shape the future of electronics.
- We’re different by design. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives are what push innovation forward and what make TI stronger. We value each and every voice, and look forward to hearing yours. Meet the people of TI
- Benefits that benefit you. We offer competitive pay and benefits designed to help you and your family live your best life. Your well-being is important to us.