Freight Flow Lead
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, we believe in how positively sports can change lives. On our team, everyone plays a critical role in creating confidence and excitement by personally equipping all athletes to achieve their dreams. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, reflecting the communities we serve.
If you are ready to make a difference as part of the world’s greatest sports team, apply to join our team today!
The Freight Flow Lead has a direct impact on both the execution of brand standards as well as the teammate experience. With the guidance of the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager, the Freight Flow Lead is the in-store expert of their business / department. The Lead is focused on delivering the best service to customers as well as providing direction to teammates as their immediate point of contact and coach. Their ability to lead by example, be empathic, relentless in the face of adversity, optimistic, and collaborative with teammates is how they differentiate themselves.
- Supports building and hiring a strong team by observing in-store interviews and department tours.
- Builds a people-first culture by connecting with every teammate in the store to build mutual
- trust, respect, and contribute to the strong store recognition culture.
- Plans, organizes, controls 30-days out with the guidance of Assistant Store Manager; including building an effective approach and align on necessary workforce to execute daily assignments, game plans, projects, or store events.
- Strategically leverages teammates to ensure brand standards are met, programs and processes are executed daily, and tasks are delegated based on their priority level.
- Assists the store leadership team with general supervision in the store in accordance with Company policies and procedures, including opening and closing the store, performing Front End and Cash Office functions, and processing firearms sales in compliance with State and Federal ATF regulations, where applicable.
- Upholds company merchandising and presentation standards by following established floor sets, signage requirements, price changes, inventory presentation and replenishment standards, etc.
- Assists with training teammates on company procedures and programs; this includes
- onboarding new teammates and cross-training current teammates.
- Prioritizes coaching and developing oneself and others; provides hands-on coaching and teaches the “why” behind tasks, plans, and processes (e.g., NSPP, Scorecards, LP, etc.).
- Leads by example to support the vision of the organization and store by helping teammates understand how their responsibilities directly align to the common purpose, organizational goals, and delivering a hassle-free shopping experience.
- Creates an inclusive store environment where everyone (teammates & customers) feels welcome and safe and is treated with respect.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures. Maintains confidentiality of all Company information.
- Takes an all-hands-on-deck approach to support the team across the store.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
Our Leadership Competencies set the bar of what great people leaders look like. They define the behaviors of leaders that can drive the business and build great talent.
Here are the competencies we expect from our Store leaders:
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Decision-Quality/Decision-Making Abilities
- Engagement Driver
- Talent Developer
- Effective Team Building Skills
- Plans & Aligns
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays.
- Prior retail sales experience (or customer-focused experience) preferred.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull and lift up 15 to 50 lbs. items repetitively (up to 25 times per hour).
- Ability to work extended periods of time (up to 4 hours) standing or walking.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull and lift up to 70 lbs.+ items intermittently (up
- to 15 times per hour) with assistance and/or the use of manual lifting equipment, e.g., pallet jack, dolly, etc.
- Ability to work at heights greater than 4 feet with use of a ladder, aerial lifting device, or platform.