Free People Social Media Coordinator
Free People began its journey in 1970, in a modest West Philadelphia storefront, offering plants and records, along with a few pieces of clothing. Though the name was changed to Urban Outfitters just a year later, Free People was revived as the company’s wholesale label in 1984. And it hasn’t looked back since.
The eclectic assortment quickly assembled behind it a fiercely loyal fan base, and this fueled the opening of FP’s first brick-and-mortar store in Paramus, NJ in 2002, along with the birth of freepeople.com in 2004, and the first mail-order catalog, which arrived in homes during the summer of 2005.
All the while, Free People has dedicated its energies to building a close-knit relationship with the FP community and continues to seek out new ways to foster and elevate this unique and meaningful bond.
Social Media Coordinator
Senior Social Media Manager
Collaboratively work with the social media and creative marketing teams to assist in the development and execution of the global social media strategy and content, assisting in the elevation of our owned social and Free People storytelling.
Asset management and content support
- Support team with asset requests and file management
- Support team with Dash Hudson uploads, tracking links and calendar coordination, owning all weekly Pinterest and Facebook posts
Assist team with organic gifting, product orders and sample coordination
UGC and content discovery
- Support channel coordinators with UGC rights requests through the platform or Dash Hudson, saving images and alerting teams of final approval
- Follow trending competitors, hashtags, UGC, and/or partners to discover new potential partners for paid posts or content creation OR content opportunities for our primary channels
Analytics and reporting
- Share weekly updates of total @mentions, shifts in positive/negative/neutral sentiment, key topics, and conversation opportunities
- Track and share brand-specific, industry and social platform trends and insights
- Support team(s) in monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting
- 1-2 years experience creating content for social content, including photography, videography, and graphic design with knowledge of best practices and content styles per platform
- Passion for social media and digital trends, specifically TikTok and Instagram
- Knowledge of Photoshop or proficiency in creative programs and in-app editing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Self-starter and solution seeker with the ability to thrive in a fast paced and team-based environment
- Must be willing to travel to cover events and photoshoots
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant communications field
Hybrid in person (Philadelphia, PA Home Office)
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.