Imagine working for a company with a mission you can truly believe in, a playful and energetic culture, a talented team of coworkers, and a bright future! Melissa & Doug, the toy company committed to igniting imagination and a sense of wonder in all children so they can discover their passions and purpose, is looking for a FP&A Anlayst . In this role, you’ll be an essential part of creating thoughtfully designed toys that encourage children to see the extraordinary in the ordinary, the possible in the impossible.
The position will be part of the Senior Financial Planning & Analysis team at Melissa & Doug. This position will support the end-2-end internal and external financial reporting and planning processes. The individual will have the opportunity to get quickly involved in driving change to existing processes and will drive improvements in the overall financial planning process in order to deliver greater efficiency, effectiveness and transparency to key business information. The position provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with all functions across the business.
- Provide analytical support on business results via data-driven insights, including understanding sources of change for variances
- Coordinate the budget/forecast process in partnership with business leaders to deliver results aligned with strategic objectives
- Analyze business & financial results providing insight and analysis to support the business in making strategic decisions
- Support the monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Lead the monthly SG&A reporting and latest view update process. Partner closely with the business unit leaders to understand their activities and associated spend
- Provide support for the monthly financial, quarterly BOD and operational reporting deck(s) for senior management
- Develop reports and/or presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an insightful & easy-to-understand format for the business to use in driving well informed decision making
- Identify opportunities to drive greater efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency of all finance activities
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis or major in the field of accounting or finance; MBA preferred
- 3+ years’ overall career experience in a product based Consumer Goods company(s); experience in financial reporting, consolidation and financial analysis
- High proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint or GSuite tools with excellent modeling skills (pivot tables, macros, etc. preferred)
- Critical thinking & demonstrated experience in problem solving, making decisions influenced by business insights and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data utilizing financial modeling
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities concurrently
- Team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed. High bias for action and results focused
- Challenge the status quo. Innovative “Think outside the box” mentality
- Works collaboratively as part of a cross-functional business
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions
- Excellent communication skills across all levels in an organization
- Experience using BI tools, Tableau preferred
- We expect all associates to model teamwork and collaboration, organizational awareness, be results focused and to have a growth mindset.
It all started in 1988 with a boy, a girl, and a dream to make meaningful toys that would inspire hands-on, imaginative play. From classic wooden toys to realistic pretend play sets, Melissa & Doug makes well-crafted toys that are developed with care to be passed down from generation to generation or shared family to family. Whether it’s creating high-quality toys that are made to last, planting trees to restore the resources we use, or ensuring our products encourage open-ended play for all kinds of kids, we’re on a journey to make the world a better, more sustainable place.. While the company approaches $1 billion at retail annually, the quality of every toy, the experience of every child, and the trust of every parent remains at the center of everything we do. To learn more about our mission and commitment to sustainability, go to MelissaAndDoug.com
Melissa & Doug proudly goes beyond being an equal opportunity employer, we work hard to sustain and enhance the natural and organic inclusivity that is fostered every day, by every associate. We don’t do this because anyone tells us this is important, we do it because we genuinely want every person who comes to work here to be treated with respect and dignity and to be comfortable being their most authentic, genuine selves.
We hire for character, kindness, humanity, and experience . . . therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; religion; age; sex; national origin; color; ancestry; physical, mental, or learning disability; sexual orientation; transgender status; gender identity and expression; veteran or military status; along with any and all other legally protected characteristics. In that light, we will provide reasonable accommodations consistent with applicable law as it relates to disability and religious beliefs/practices.