The Formulation Supervisor is responsible for adjusting formulation recipes based on incoming ingredients and target specification, input of data into KPI tracking tools, overseeing sample preparation and analysis using HPLC and execution of formulations for current and future projects at Motif Labs. This role will perform day-to-day duties in compliance with SOPs and Health Canada Regulations.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is experiencing significant growth and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals to join our team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Initiate formulation recipes based on blend quantity, incoming ingredient inventory and target specification
- Inventory tracking of all formulation ingredients through inventory tracking system
- Perform formulation tasks as assigned by manager in accordance to relevant SOPs; formulations include precise mixing of cannabinoids, carrier oils, terpenes and otherwise.
- Sample preparation and analytical testing using HPLC
- Operation, calibration and preventive maintenance of the HPLC instrument
- Data collection, analysis and meticulous record keeping
- Follow SOPs pertaining to all analytical testing and formulation equipment; assist with developing and updating SOPs as required
- Manage inventory of processing material and necessary lab supplies
- Perform sanitation activities as per GPP requirements
- Recording and analysis of laboratory data
- Ensure 100% compliance with QA requirements during day-to-day activities
- Identify improvement opportunities and report issues in order to maximize efficiency, quality and yield while ensuring safety and reliability
- Detailed record keeping of batch data per Health Canada regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum BSc. with 5+ years laboratory or formulation experience
- Experience within Cannabis industry is preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Deep HPLC operation, maintenance, calibration experience is mandatory
- Attention to detail and commitment to safety while operating process equipment
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Required to pass a criminal background check
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.