Pachama is looking for a new team member to lead our efforts in analyzing and reporting on forest carbon offset projects using new technology. This new role will support our team in analyzing and reporting on forest carbon offset projects using new technology. They will take their experience in carbon projects or forestry and combine it with an ability to use technology and models to improve carbon markets. This role would be responsible for evaluating carbon projects, creating new biomass models, and supporting key corporate clients while being a spokesperson for science and sound carbon principles to our stakeholders.
This role is remote. However, being within 3 hours of Pacific time is preferred for this role given cross-functional communication responsibilities
Who we are.
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.
- Evaluating forest carbon projects using Pachama technology to assess quality
- Develop written reports of findings for Pachama and its stakeholders
- Directly work with internal machine learning team to understand and improve model outputs on project qualities
- Create biomass models for new regions to support Pachama's origination work
- Assess carbon potential of new projects using a combination of scientific and remote data
- Act as a resource for internal and external stakeholders on forestry practices
- Work with go-to-market team to provide custom deliverables to support customer efforts
Experiences we’re looking for:
- Experience with forest carbon projects or carbon offset protocols.
- Forest mensuration skills. Familiarity with forest sampling techniques, allometry, baseline calculations, etc.
- Familiarity with remote sensing techniques and output
- Ability and willingness to communicate about complex topics to non expert audiences (both in writing and in person)