At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
This role is responsible for leading a team that embodies the Everlane ethos and delivers best-in-class store experience. You are most enthusiastic about the impact you have on someone’s experience while in our store. You foster a friendly, warm environment for people to thrive in. You enjoy being the host of a party, and a champion of our “Path To Yes” mentality. You are a leader who uses the brand and customer lens to guide your decisions in an effort to support the overall store experience. You are resourceful and a problem-solver - you find joy in searching for the answers. You demonstrate curiosity and enjoy learning and supporting all aspects of the business. You are goal-oriented and thrive on exceeding individual and team results while having fun doing it. You are a great communicator and work closely with your store leadership team to bolster team engagement, drive business results and sharpen their business acumen.
As a Floor Leader, you:
- Make timely and effective decisions that balance team goals and fosters a customer-focused environment
- Create a sense of urgency in your team for achieving results and eliminate obstacles that affect performance
- Create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help your store achieve its objectives
- Use a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses to have a greater contribution to your team
Your day to day:
- Lead your team to ensure our service model comes to life in-store
- Zone, prioritize and delegate tasks for team members in zones based on the needs of the business
- Set goals for your team while coaching and motivating to drive results on the sales floor and provide in the moment feedback to team members
- Perform hourly reads and update the team on current business goals and results
- Celebrate successes and share recognition within the team when results are achieved
- Share business results and anecdotal feedback with the leadership team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 1-2 years of leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work closely and effectively with the rest of your store leadership team
- Strong organization skills and are excited about the details
- A proven track record of hiring, leading and developing effective store teams
- A fan of Everlane, our product, and our values
What is expected of you:
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds
- Have flexible availability that supports the needs of the business, including: nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must regularly move around all areas of the store and be accessible to customers
The fine print: Everlane is reacting to what retail will look like post Covid-19 so flexibility and resilience is key. Keeping a clean and organized space for everyone's health and safety will be a top priority in this role. More details on new policies and procedures will be shared during the interview process. This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities but provide a baseline summary. Full details of expectations and responsibilities will be provided upon hire.
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.