The 1st Shift RSU Department Floor Lead will have responsibility assisting the 1st Shift RSU Supervisor in all areas of the department. The Floor Lead will not counsel employees within the department but may be present during counseling being performed by the supervisor. The Floor Lead responsibility for all activities from Receiving Merchandise, picking retail store items, putting away product from vendor purchase orders and store returns, maintaining inventory accuracy, Running Units through the sortation system, shipping items by processing product using our standard operating procedures and leading the team of employees.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the 1st Shift RSU Department Floor Lead includes but not limited to:
- Assist the supervisor in assignment of work. When assigning work insure all priorities get the proper attention. Allocate resources to achieve goals.
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees as needed.
- Responsible to ensure employees are performing at expected rates. Work with employees as needed to ensure performance standards are achieved.
- Assist supervisor with performing payroll and employee attendance tracking weekly.
- Have the ability to run all department functions when the supervisor is out.
- Enforce company rules and regulation as well as rules specific in the union contract. Both in your department and throughout the DC.
- Develop, maintain and enforce standard operating procedures on all tasks executed within the department.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Look for ways for continuous improvement.
- Promote a clean and safe work environment. Work on safety tasks as assigned.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Skills, Abilities, Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Some leadership experience a plus.
- Ability to work and motivate your employee team.
- Ability to meet deadlines/productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner.
- Good attendance/punctuality record; consistently at work and on time.
- Ability to learn new skills and follow directions.
- Good math, counting, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Must have excellent attention to detail while maintaining accuracy.
- Must maintain a professional and positive attitude at all times with the highest level of customer service.
- Individual must be Safety conscious.
- Working knowledge in the use of warehouse technology including radio-frequency (RF) scanners to perform daily functions is a plus.
- Previous warehouse/distribution/production experience helpful.
- Basic knowledge of computer PC skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment setting with physical demands that include continuous standing, walking, use of hands and fingers, grasping, reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, stretching, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, working and reaching overhead, using ladders or lifts, and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to use handling equipment and machinery including sorter systems, conveyors, RF guns, metal hooks, plastic bags, plastic packaging, cardboard boxes, tape dispensers, and other materials necessary to the production and packaging of our merchandise.
- Dependable team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done and flexible in scheduling is required based on business needs (i.e.; increased hours, weekends, holidays, and volume of work, staffing shortages, etc.).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.