Finishing Assistant Editor
Los Angeles, CA
West Hollywood, CA
The Disney Entertainment Television Marketing Operations Team works closely with The Walt Disney Company’s creative content organizations and creative marketing teams, providing operational support across multiple business units to produce and deliver top quality marketing content globally. Marketing Operations provides asset and media management, post -production operations and services, and creative technology support for Disney Entertainment Television Marketing.
The operations team leverages cutting edge software and hardware tools to provide professional level in-house post- production services to internal marketing partners in a deadline driven high volume environment.
This includes an agile, efficient, and technically advanced finishing process, that customizes marketing workflows to launch thousands of successful marketing campaigns across multiple platforms. When you turn on your television, smart device or however you consume content, you will interact with media to which this team has contributed.
The Assistant Editor works to ensure the post- production flow is streamlined for greatest efficiency. This includes preparing projects for finishing, converting promos for distribution on various platforms requiring alternate aspect ratios. This is our first line of quality assurance when evaluating aesthetic and technical quality for assets representing multiple Walt Disney Television networks.
- Review, relink and QC finishing packages to ensure all media components & finishing elements have been delivered with required technical specifications
- Prepare NLE sequences submitted by various offline teams for finishing and final graphic/VFX integration
- Convert finished sequences for repurposing by changing key day/date graphics appropriately, complete Audio Layback process for Master Delivery, and export completed sequences
- Color grade and/or apply LUTs to NLE sequences submitted by various offline teams
- Produce and edit reformatted end credits & full screen logo spots, as needed
- Perform closed caption fixes
- Minimum of 2 years experience in creating post-production marketing content
- Expert level proficiency required with technical specifications currently being used for television broadcast, cable distribution, OTT distribution and various social media platforms
- High level proficiency required with Adobe Premiere Pro & Media Encoder
- Must be proficient in color grading using Adobe Premiere Pro (Lumetri)
- Must possess professional experience using Premiere Pro Essential Sound & Graphics panels
- Strong familiarity with industry standard file types (MOV, MP4, JPEG, AIFF, WAV etc)
- Must possess deep knowledge of aspect ratios, frame rates, codecs and other video specifications
- Must be familiar with AirTable, Slack and Box
- Must be proficient in both PC & MAC OS environments
- Must have a positive attitude and great communication skills
- Must be willing to work in office and maintain a flexible schedule with occasional overtime during seasonal project surge
- Must be detail oriented and organized, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must work well under pressure, and thrive in deadline driven environments
- Ideal candidate is a strong problem-solver with the ability to adapt when facing potential roadblocks
- Preferred experience and familiarity with Apple Final Cut X, Adobe After Effects
- Preferred familiarity with Leader HD Scopes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in media related area of study
The hiring range for this position in Hollywood, CA is $63,400to $85,000 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.