Financial Services Representative
At Zovio, we’re doing something different, and we want you to be a part of it. To put it simply, we’re all here to meet the needs of today’s learners. Whether that’s by helping them get a college degree or by providing them specific, focused training, we’re all about making it possible for people to achieve their aspirations and dreams. We partner with higher education institutions and employers to make that happen.
With our mission to innovate and take bold steps forward in education as a leading education technology services provider, we are an entrepreneurially-minded organization looking to the future—but with more than a decade of experience and resources backing us up! We have a culture of Passion , Innovation and Teamwork , and are full of ambitious people that, like you, support our commitment to putting people first. If you want to know more about us, be sure to check out Zovio.com.
Essential Job Duties:
- Advise new and continuing students with their financial payment options to help fund their education.
- Assist students with the application process, document collection, disbursements and awards, educate on both institutional and academic policies, and guiding them until they reach graduation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State and Institutional Policies governing Title IV student aid programs.
- Communicate with students via phone, email, etc. to answer inquiries on educational funding questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Review and ensure student accounts are accurate, invoiced, and future payments are on schedule.
- Contact students for past due balances and monitor payment plans.
- Collaborate with internal departments to resolve student inquiries.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and strong mathematical skills are required
- Must possess outstanding organizational and time management skills
- -Must be able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills
- One (1) year of experience in an educational setting, finance, contact center, or other applicable customer service role required
- Financial Aid experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Who you are:
- You want to share what you know and learn what you don’t
- You don’t settle for good , you strive for great
- You crave change, you embrace it
- You are bold and challenge the traditional way of thinking, bring new ideas to the table
- We’re an organization changing and shaping the lives of learnings across the country. Whether directly or indirectly, you’ll be helping make a real difference in the world.
- Our environment and culture encourages collaboration, requires communication and rewards risk-taking.
- We try hard to provide a good work life balance. We think we’re a great place to work that also allows you to have down time with friends and family.
- We believe in giving back to the communities in which we live and work. In fact, we offer 16 hours of paid time off for you to volunteer, in addition to your vacation days and company holidays.
- We want you to live a healthy lifestyle, and offer wellness programs, fitness centers, and onsite health clinics.
- Zovio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity of thought, culture, identity, and experience are important for what we’re doing. If everyone here thought alike, we’d never come up with anything new, much less anything bold or innovative. We want you to be your whole self here, and appreciate the unique nature of the people around you, too.
Zovio’s purpose is to help everyone be in a class of their own.