Financial Reporting Manager
At Rothy’s, we know there’s a better way to do business, and it starts by putting the planet and its people first. More than 146 million single-use plastic bottles and 493,00+ pounds of ocean-bound marine plastic have been transformed into our signature thread, creating wardrobe staples that look just as good as they feel.
Striving for zero waste, we combine 3D knitting technology and handcrafted assembly to create machine washable styles that don’t compromise on comfort. From classic shoes to carry-everywhere bags, we create essentials for wherever you go.
Working to close Rothy’s loop by 2023, building a sustainable future is at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive environment at our HQ, retail stores and wholly-owned factory, and are growing our community every day.
About the Team:
Our Finance team isn’t your average group of number crunchers. As a growing DTC brand, this team is in the unique position to approach a traditional department in an exciting new way. From the way we create our shoes to how we market them, Rothy’s is paving its own path. And that means the Finance team gets in on the fun innovations, too.
As the Financial Reporting Manager you will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting and play a key role in the preparation of the financial statements, notes and analysis for internal and external users, supports the annual financial statement audit, performs technical accounting research, consolidation of subsidiary entities, and handles internal control, ad-hoc and special projects as needed. This new opportunity will allow you to own this process and partner with business leaders to support our growing company. The ability to meet deadlines and flexibility while handling changing priorities are essential in this position.
What you'll do:
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP, including newly issued accounting pronouncements
- Prepare detailed footnote support files and disclosure checklists
- Develop process for appropriate data gathering and analysis of financial data relative to the preparation of financial statements
- Coordinate with external auditors and respond to audit requests as applicable
- Prepare of quarterly bank covenant compliance reporting package
- Perform technical accounting research and analysis to ensure proper application of GAAP to unusual, complex, or new transactions
- Drive identification and testing of internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Maintain documentation of current processes and procedures
- Prepare monthly consolidation of subsidiary entities
- Analyze subsidiary financial statements, including variances from budget, prior year periods, and trends
- Prepare and review equity activity to support the financial close process
- Assist in other duties and special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in corporate financial reporting, mix of corporate accounting and public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent accounting skills and strong knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Experience working with multiple legal entities
- Strong interpersonal and influential verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and cross functionally
- Ability to drive process improvement
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Active CPA license
- Excellent Excel as well as analytical and complex spreadsheet skills
- Hands-on experience with SAP systems
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting
- Generous paid time off
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive health plans for you and your family
- Supplemental mental health benefits
- Healthy snacks
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Quarterly product allowance!
$130,000 - $155,000 annually
Base pay is one part of the total rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Rothy's is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. In support of that, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their first day with Rothy's if allowed by applicable state law. If you have a health-related need or religious belief that prevents you from getting the vaccine, let's chat so we can explore reasonable accommodations. Have questions or concerns? Just let your recruiter know. We're happy to walk through them.