Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand redefining luxury, your way. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweler to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
Hi, I’m Cherian, and I’m currently the Sr Director of FP&A at Mejuri, looking for a Supply Chain & E-commerce FP&A Manager to join our growing Finance team.
As the Supply Chain & E-commerce FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Supply Chain Team on Forecasting, Validating Actuals and providing decision support for various Margin Improvement Initiatives
- Partnering with the Data team vetting KPIs, sales phasing while providing support around Marketing analyses
- Effectively supporting Long-range planning for both Margin improvement and E-commerce growth
It’s a great time to join the Finance team because of the opportunity to influence the foundational DNA of the Finance organization as well as fostering cross functional decision support with a profit lens.
What you'll do:
- Month End
- Providing commentary around variances (including an emphasis around key drivers)
- Contributing to the MBR around key insights for Margin, Inventory Turn and Ecommerce performance
- Preparing Ad Hoc Analyses that may arise to help contextualize performance
- S&OP Purchasing Cycle
- Primary Modeler for Inventory and Key KPIs Including (Inventory Turn, Working Capital in accordance with payments, Inventory Receipt timing, etc.). Act as challenger for the below components of Inventory:
- Retail Display Inventory
- Packaging Inventory
- Monday Drops
- Establish strong communication and working relationships with the Supply Chain team
- Build and main models around Margin drivers (Product COGS, Shipping Expense, Duty Expense, Packaging Expense, Processing Fees, Inventory, Fulfillment Labour, Discounts, Returns & Warranty, etc.)
- Margin Improvement
- Support the Supply Chain team with business casing for margin initiatives
- Preparing Maring Scorecards & Reporting Dashboards
- Ad Hoc Analyses
- Prepare eCOM Postmortem analyzes providing profit focused insights
- Act as the primary Finance partner for any Promotional analyses
What you'll bring to the team:
- Accurate & Comprehensive analyses
- Prompt & Effective communication
- Strong Business Partner relationships
Things we consider an asset:
- Designation/Experience: Having a CFA, CBV, or CPA designation is a plus
- Experience: Proven track record of (forecasting and operational analysis)
- Skills: Advanced financial modeling and MS Excel skills required to product financial models and budgets using generally accepted modeling techniques and formats
- Skills: Plan and prepare revenue forecasts for E-commerce, margin and inventory
- Knowledge: In-depth understanding of Accounting Standards that impact our financial model and budget forecasts
- Business Acumen: ability to use insight of the internal and external business environment to improve and drive performance. Ability to turn operational insights into financial data.
- Results Driven: ability to take steps personally to ensure that mutual goals and performance target are met within the appropriate time frame
- Influencing: ask open ended questions to clarify issues, communicate openly, ask for ideas and come to mutually agreed decisions using logic and reasoning
- Relationship Building: exchange information for mutually beneficial goals; gain respect and commitment from team members and proactively keep internal and external relationships active
- Follow Through: prioritize tasks, establish goals for oneself and the team; successfully complete all started initiatives
Benefits at Mejuri:
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Looking for the perfect next opportunity is a big decision. Mejuri recognizes the importance of pay transparency when it comes to salary ranges as it empowers individuals through the hiring process and supports them in making an informed decision. This role will be for our New York office, with a base salary of $115,000 per year based on a candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.