Financial Controller Manager
Freddie Mac’s Finance division is currently seeking a Financial Controller Manager to be part of the Investments and Capital Markets CFO department. The Investments and Capital Markets (I&CM) CFO department is responsible for financial accounting and reporting, hedge accounting, portfolio risk and profitability analysis, pricing and valuation activities, and financial planning & analysis for Freddie Mac’s Capital Markets segment. The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of analysts to record journal entries, prepare financial and tax results, and perform analytics. This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team!
- Implement control checks to ensure the accurate data moves between various data sources for all Derivative Accounting Programs
- Analyze daily Regression and Operation result to ensure the established thresholds are not breached and prepare weekly dashboard delivered to senior management
- Assist and support ongoing SOX compliance activities
- Support Internal/External Auditor requests and concerns
- Design test plans and participate in the UAT for the implementation of future projects and enhancement
In this role, you will play a key part in the financial close for the I&CM CFO department. As a member of the Retained Portfolio Accounting team, you will be responsible for the accounting, reporting, and analysis related to the amortization of deferred basis of both PC Debt and mortgage securities, as well as tax accounting of the entire Retained Portfolio. In addition, you will be responsible for the development of team members, streamlining of processes, and identification and execution of controls.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in capital markets, financial services, and/or financial analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and the aptitude to learn other software
- Secondary mortgage markets experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Strong focus on risks, controls and processes
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Strong consultation and communication skill
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.