Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Finance Analyst, you will provide financial and control expertise to the Process Automation Marine & Ports (PAMP) in Miramar, Florida, benchmarking KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) while working with other finance professionals to understand the drivers of financial performance, identifying trends relevant to the business.
You will be responsible to act as a support to the finance team and the business operations, supporting all financial and commercial matters and actively driving the business performance.
This position reports to Global BL Controller Ports
- Financial Reporting & Analysis: Prepare the financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting documents and presentations as required by controller or business
- Support reporting needs of the business throughout the month including month end and quarter end processes
- Review orders, orders gross margin on weekly or monthly basis and provide analysis or input to business performance
- Actively participate and take ownership in actions for project and service order reviews. Evaluate cost, margin and other areas of financial execution for improvement
- Work with cost center managers to analyze and improve cost positions in the business
- Provide reporting in utilization and absorption as well as analysis for manager review
- Participate in monthly / quarterly closing process by creating and submitting journal entries, reviewing the financials with project management or operations and making required adjustments per US (United States) GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) or other accounting standards
- Work with operations and sales managers to review outstanding AR (Accounts Receivable) or AP (Accounts Payable) and provide actions for improvement or collection/payment. Assist in improving key KPIs like OCF (Operating cash flow) or NWC (Net Working Capital)
- Optimizing performance by developing automated solutions, eliminating duplication and coordinating information requirements for management reporting
- Establishing and overseeing processes and tools to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information
- Identify and discuss opportunities for improvement related to financial processes
- Compliance & Internal Control: Supports the controller in adherence to corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, business specific finance directives and instructions
- Performs required controls in GCRM (as control performer or assisting control performer)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- 2 or more years related experience preferred, but not required
- Microsoft Office experience, specifically excel or BI reporting
- SAP or other finance related tools experience good to have
- Good analytical & communication skills
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
ABB Marine & Ports supplies world-leading technologies that are driving the evolution of sustainable shipping. Electrical propulsion, data-driven decision support and integrated solutions for ship and shore from ABB are paving the way to a zero-emission marine industry, providing greater efficiency and reliability to shipowners, and preparing vessels to meet the demands of tomorrow.
Our automation and electrical solutions are making port and terminal operations safer, greener and more productive. ABB Marine & Ports operates in 26 countries and has 2,000 employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability.
You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.