Applies the Company's procedures and credit policies to allow for profitable sales while protecting the Company's significant investment in accounts receivable. Assists the Manager and other analysts in providing essential information relating to current credit exposures, credit and collection issues, and requests for analysis. Performs reviews of customers’ financial information and assists in daily reporting of current credit exposures and risks. Establishes and promotes open communication between the trading and operational process owners, counterparties, and the Credit Department. Performs independently and works with other operational areas and analysts.
- Perform financial analysis of customers and discuss recommendations with Credit Director regarding mitigation.
- Prepare analytical reports and summaries.
- Review company contracts for potential credit risks; identify risks and discuss options with Manager.
- Work with internal and external customers to establish new customer relationship, resolve over line account issues, and provide accurate information for decision making.
- Manage daily inflow of information on customer portfolio, including news stories, company reports, and market data, and incorporate this information into analysis.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant industry experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong ability to resolve issues effectively
- Strong ability to clearly convey decisions and thinking
- Demonstrated ability to pick out relevant trends from complex data
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Word
- Strong analytical skills using spreadsheets and/or database software is required
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.