SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Financial Analyst will be instrumental in the development, tracking, forecasting, reporting and accounting for all SpaceX projects. This is a key financial planning and analysis (FP&A) role with executive level visibility driving spend and contract profitability for all of our product lines, including Starlink, Starship, Falcon, and Dragon. The successful candidate will interface with all aspects of the company, including production, engineering, sales, program management, accounting, and executive management.
- Lead forecast of key performance indicators (KPIs) including spend and resource requirements for business groups, including headcount, capital, and operating expenses
- Develop and enhance tools to track incurred project costs on a monthly basis and implement operational cost reduction tracking and strategies
- Provide insight on spending variances and department level reporting to business partners
- Coordinate capital expenditure tracking and related cash forecast across entire company
- Determine percent completion by project to support monthly revenue recognition
- Conducts ad-hoc analyses as needed to support operational decision making and improve profitability
- Provide the business development group with project cost estimates for all contract negotiations
- Perform a leading role on internal projects, working closely with peer organization to understand key business issues and translate them into financial models and metrics
- Analyze and interpret financial data for use in management reviews and decisions
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, finance operations, business, economics, or engineering
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or engineering
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, applied business statistics, and general modeling experience of complex non-linear systems
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Familiarity with Power BI
- Experience working with finances/accounting within manufacturing or technology organizations
- Experience acting as a finance subject matter expert in the optimization of various enterprise resource planning (ERP) business tools and applications
- Knowledge of reporting, visualization, intelligence and analysis tools
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to regularly interface with executive management
- Strong leadership skills and have a high level of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-pace environment
- Experience with presenting analytical results in verbal and written form across a multi-disciplinary organization
- Ability to frame unstructured and complex analytical problems to a broad audience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.